User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dometic fridge puddling water inside

Dometic 12 cu ft fridge puddles up a lot of water while in use. Not just on start-up. Just came back from 4 nights RV’n, temp in the fridge is 34, 12 in freezer, but water everywhere the whole trip. Door gaskets seem fine. 2017 307MKS. Any ideas?
    Eddie, Cindy, n Maddie (our fearless Yorkie)
    2012 F-350 LWB 4x4 6.7 SRW C-cab with B&W Turnover + Companion pulling a 2017 307MKS Reflection

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check the drip tray in the back. Ours doesn't sit squarely against the back wall and water will drip behind it = into the frig. Also check your drain line. I found mine plugged up. Take the little black plug out of the end of the tube and see if water flows. You can try blowing air through it to make sure it's open. I stuck mine outside the black Frig outside cover without the black plug in it and (the dripping filled up the evaporation tray which backed the water up.

You said the door gasket seemed fine, did you do the dollar bill test = put a dollar bill where the gasket is supposed to seal and see if there is resistance when you pull it out. If no resistance then you don't have a good seal. Try it at several locations around the door.

Hope this helps.

Pete
    Pete & Carla Nelson
    2017 F-350, diesel, DRW, Lariat, 8' bed, Ford's TPMS, Furrion camera, Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover
    2017 Solitude 384GK, with dual pane windows, slide toppers, gen ready, heat pump.
    Added items: WiFiRanger EliteAC (external antenna), WiFiRanger GoAC (Router),
    Trailer Saver BD3 w/underbed adapter, Cheapheat system, Fantastic fan (bathroom), 50 Amp Hughes Auto Former w/surge protection, 5th wheel skirting.
    MoRryde independent suspension, 8k axle, disc breaks, Sailun S637 tires

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Col. Now i know where to start. (Always listen to a full bird)
    2012 F-350 LWB 4x4 6.7 SRW C-cab with B&W Turnover + Companion pulling a 2017 307MKS Reflection

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drip tray (didn't even know I had one) was totally disconnected. Also checked small tray in rear, blew out the line, it was open. Thanks to all for the help.