Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it makes you feel better, I've been pulling travel trailers for decades, used to work heavy construction with lots of experience driving semis with every sort of trailer imaginable, and I've still had a few times when I got in a hurry and forgot to unhook something on my travel trailer. When my first grandson was born we hurried to Phoenix and in my haste to get to the hospital I forgot to disconnect the electrical cord before driving out from under the trailer. Fortunately I felt a tug when the cord drew tight and realized what I had done. No damage. Another time I forgot to put wheel chocks in before unhooking at an unlevel spot in Flagstaff, pulled out and the fifth wheel rolled back on me, slipping off the front blocks. It happens, but I have learned not to get in a hurry and I go over everything twice now before I pull the truck out. Don't beat yourself up.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always use the same routine when hooking up. Last step is the lights step. Standing behind the trailer while Marcy hits the brakes, turns on both turn signals and turning on the running lights. After that I take one last look at everything chocks hitch cord and brake. Also look up at trailer windows antennae, and around the site to see what we forgot to pick up.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12