User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    Here is the link to the hitch with slide bar. I would never own another one this style and I never used a Reese with a curved jaw so I really can't comment one way or the other.
    Pro Series Fifth Wheel Slide Bar Jaw Hitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUKWESuwAAA
    Yeah...that things gotta pull like crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Grand Design Solitude 379fls-r

2015 F250 FX4 6.7

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the link to the hitch with slide bar. I would never own another one this style and I never used a Reese with a curved jaw so I really can't comment one way or the other.
    Pro Series Fifth Wheel Slide Bar Jaw Hitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUKWESuwAAA
    I can't see why anyone would even build that thing - terrible design. Their single jaw model is nothing like that and pulls quite well.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of chucking on stops and starts which was accompanied by loud banging.
    Is this a top reason folks upgrade hitches?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it would be mine. Can't stand extra noises. especially after pulling our Imagine and hearing NOTHING!!! yeah, I know it's a TT and nothing like a 5er, but Whenever I hear an extra noise/sound other than normal ops, wife and I get worried quick. If a hitch is making chunking noises and bucking, it's gone. I want nothing to do with it.

Wish there was a place that would let a person try out different hitches from a buttload of different brands and help ya figure out what is the best for You...

Scot "Zee"

P.s. we'll be in the same boat in a few years when we buy our 5er....
    If you're gonna go, go with a smile!

USAF Retired
    Started Camping: 1 June 2018
    2018 Imagine 3170BH a.k.a. Storm
    towed by: 2018 F350 Lariat DRW PS FX4 in Tri-coat Plat White (tinted windows and Gator Tri-Fold tonneau cover). a.k.a. Bolt
    Anderson Anti-sway WD Hitch.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reese has a range of 5th wheel hitches. Their top of the line "Titan" brand has two jaws that completely enclose the pin. We have this hitch on a manual slider base and one of the things that I really like about this configuration is that we can hitch or unhitch at any angle around the pin or even up/down/twisted on uneven ground.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1043.jpg   IMG_1045.jpg  
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Reese has a range of 5th wheel hitches. Their top of the line "Titan" brand has two jaws that completely enclose the pin. We have this hitch on a manual slider base and one of the things that I really like about this configuration is that we can hitch or unhitch at any angle around the pin or even up/down/twisted on uneven ground.

Rob
    Nice hitch. But, their top of the line? How so? My Elite has a 26,500 capacity vs the Titan 20,000. It's $100 less than the Titan but the Titan is a slider - you're paying more for the sliding mechanism, so price doesn't mean it's their "top". I'd say they are both "high end" hitches. Also, I have no problems with angles or uneven ground unless they are really extreme. The best for that is the Andersen.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy82 View Post
    Nice hitch. But, their top of the line? How so?.
    The reasons Reese calls the Titan model “top of their line” have nothing to do with load carrying capacity. In addition to the jaws that completely enclose the pin, there are large motion isolators on the pivots and a cast head unit. Now . . . I can’t say why a cast head is “premium” . . . but, they think it is. The slider system available for the Titan models is a “round tube” in comparison to the smaller “square tube” slider used with other Reese hitches. While I have heard of problems with the square tube, I have not had (or heard of) any problems with the round tube.

Rob
    Last edited by Cate&Rob; 07-12-2018 at 01:43 PM.
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123