User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you spend the $2k-$3k again to replace your drum brakes with Disc Brakes?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely without a doubt

23 82.14%
  • Possibly but not so sure

3 10.71%
  • No, the results were not worth the money

2 7.14%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trail Air would be good to consider, Mike
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I am one of the few who has installed disc brakes a second time.

First time on a tandem axle. Did the install myself for around $1450. The second time on the triple axle Momentum. Caught a great deal/sale going on and made the install for $1680. That was a very good deal.

To show how I am absolutely convinced that disc brakes are the correct upgrade to make, the brakes where purchased and waiting in my shop before we took delivery on the Momentum. Installed the week after we got it home.

I wouldn’t/will not travel without them.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting results from the 19 (up to this point) that responded. 100% would "absolutely without a doubt" do it again. I can see this upgrade in my future...
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 310 is currently back at the dealer with brake issues. Am on my 3rd set of shoes and second set of drums and bearings in less than a year (still under warranty). Seems the self adjusters keep adjusting till the pads are down to metal. I told the dealer to let Lippert know I am through with their brakes and want them to cover a disk brake upgrade. Would greatly appreciate any information on how to get full reimbursement out of them. Thank you.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    My 310 is currently back at the dealer with brake issues. Am on my 3rd set of shoes and second set of drums and bearings in less than a year (still under warranty). Seems the self adjusters keep adjusting till the pads are down to metal. I told the dealer to let Lippert know I am through with their brakes and want them to cover a disk brake upgrade. Would greatly appreciate any information on how to get full reimbursement out of them. Thank you.
    Matthew - You can certainly contact LCI directly with pictures and invoices and ask them. Unless you happen to get the advisor that handled JCZ's request, I think reimbursement of the value of replacement electric drum brakes towards your purchase of EoH disc brakes is a more reasonable expectation.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did this conversion myself on my previous fiver. I will do it again on my new one but am waiting until I decide if I want to do the MorRyde independent suspension.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am planning to have Performance Trailer Braking install disc brakes and upgrade both axles to 8K at the Grand Design Rally this spring. Can anyone tell me what I should expect to pay for parts and labor at a Rally event? OR, at least what their experience has been at these Rally's

TIA

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got mine done by Performance Trailer Brakes at the Quartzsite Rally. We got disc brakes, a Morryde CRE3000 suspension with heavy duty shackles and an X-beam cross member. It all ran less than $3500 installed. Performance was easy to deal with over email and the phone and our installer Dennis Hageman was truly superb. Highly recommended.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    I just got mine done by Performance Trailer Brakes at the Quartzsite Rally. We got disc brakes, a Morryde CRE3000 suspension with heavy duty shackles and an X-beam cross member. It all ran less than $3500 installed. Performance was easy to deal with over email and the phone and our installer Dennis Hageman was truly superb. Highly recommended.
    Thanks Jeff. I was hoping there was a significant rally discount. Website pricing plus labor was exceeding $4,500 for Two Axles and Disc Brakes.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TENN22 View Post
    Thanks Jeff. I was hoping there was a significant rally discount. Website pricing plus labor was exceeding $4,500 for Two Axles and Disc Brakes.
    The rally discount was $100 for parts and $100 for the install. The bottom line is that I am very happy with the results. It is something I won't go back on now that we have it so the cost is less of an issue when the value is there.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast