Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Howard,

Nice write up. I had the same issue with original wires where they entered the CB box. Mine looks worse.

This is one reason I always have differently sized shrink tube in the tool kit. It's a good, quick fix until you can replace it. It's easy to slide the shrink tube on, then heat it up and will keep everything safe until you can make repairs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to everyone on the tips provided, bought the EMS-HW50C 3' of 6 AWG from Lowes and pre-wired everything before going into the camper. Even on the bench that 6 AWG was a PIA to work with, a few stated it was difficult but really did not understand how difficult it could actually be. Made one mistake that added to my frustration, did not carefully read the instructions that stated "The arrow side of the sensor needs to face T1 and T3" so I had to take it all apart and turn the sensors around.

Not much room in that little black box to work with 6 AWG wire and run the wires through the sensors but finally got it done, will post some pics.

Have not turned it on yet cause I needed some clarification, not sure if I need to change the delay jumpers??? The install guide states below:
    "Set time delay jumper on the circuit board. The factory setting is for 15 seconds.
    Remove jumper to set for 136 seconds (02:16). See Features Section on time delay
    to determine which to use. See visual references on page 9. "
    Brian-USMC Retired
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2019 RAM 3500 Laramie MegaCab-4x4 DRW-AISIN
    Propride 3P Hitch
    Spokane, WA

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have attached my install on my Imagine 2800BH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails INSTALLING PROGRESSIVE EMS.pdf  
    2019 GMC 2500 HD Denali
    2021 Reflection 337RLS / EMS HW50C
    Reece 20K Goosebox
    Solid Step

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the well put together guide...I read you changed the jumper settings as well. Can you explain what the delay is used for and should I change it from factory?

I pulled the time delay jumper off (136 second vice 16 sec.) I didn’t want to lose it in case I wanted to change to 16 sec, so I put it on only one pin so it will stay in place but not contact both pins.
    Brian-USMC Retired
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    Propride 3P Hitch
    Spokane, WA

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Coleman AC PCTR Device.pdf 
Views:	11 
Size:	124.5 KB 
ID:	18702Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Coleman Mach 15.pdf 
Views:	13 
Size:	914.4 KB 
ID:	18703

I figured that the 136 sec delay wont hurt anything but the 15 sec might. Just 2min longer to wait for it to go through the diagnostics. I just did some research and I have attached a file so to recap after reading the document i think the 136 is the right setting. This statement is from the Coleman Mach 15 48254C869 (Airexcel Model 48204C869):Start kit with start capacitors and PTCR device is standard equipment and makes starting easier under high temperature and humidity conditions.
    2019 GMC 2500 HD Denali
    2021 Reflection 337RLS / EMS HW50C
    Reece 20K Goosebox
    Solid Step

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, I appreciate the explanation and quick response. I also contact Progressive and their response is below

Progressive Tech <[email protected]>
    To:Brian Bowden

Mar 25 at 11:21 AM

You will be fine with the 15 second delay. RV’s built before ’15 may need the 136 delay because there A/C units did not have the built in delay for the compressor. ’15 and newer the A/C units already come with the built in delay.
    Brian-USMC Retired
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    Propride 3P Hitch
    Spokane, WA

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234