Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New RV Shopper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New RV Shopper

Hi everyone, first time RV shopper here from Pittsburgh PA. My wife and I plan to get a travel trailer and stay at kid friendly campgrounds with our two little ones.

After looking at lots of travel trailers online we both have been drawn to grand design products but plan to attend the RV show in Hershey before making a purchase.

I currently have a 2017 Toyota Tundra limited double cab with 1305 payload capacity.

We both liked the 2400bh but then we saw the 2800bh and wanted the additional seating and room, then we walked into the 29tbs and both felt it had everything we wanted but knew I would need a larger truck.

I got quotes for all, and I think that I got pretty aggressive pricing on the 2800bh but the dealer didn’t want to work much on the 29tbs.

Now working on the truck upgrade and hopefully can see more at the show in September and be ready for next season.

I have been lurking here for a while and the amount of knowledge that is passed around is awesome, it’s great that there is a group like this for newbies such as myself.

Thanks to everyone who posts I’m sure I have learned something from you.

Art

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awsimeone, welcome to the forum! You are making a good choice considering a GD product. I’ve been very pleased with mine. My son just bought a 2800BH, and will pick it up any day. He did a good PDI at the dealer, and found a couple very minor issues, so they are being corrected before he takes it off the lot.

Good luck with your choice!
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck! Just picked up first one (297RSTS) up today. We looked at an Imagine but it actually heavier than the Reflection.

Also, check out the PDI check list in one of the posts in here. I printed off 2 of them and followed them through all the way. Took 2.5 hours on the PDI at the dealer but I caught a couple minor things they are going fix and learned a few things from the checklist (like make sure to ask how to manually lower/raise the tongue jack if there's no power).

Have fun and enjoy!