User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Norco 2118x refrigerator door

the left door seal is not completely sealing. It is rubbing on the bottom of the fridge and won't automatically position so there isn't an adequate seal. Is this correctable without taking it to a dealer? TIA.
    Goaltender
    2017 GMC Sierra Denali Crewcab 3500HD shortbox
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can fix it with a simple washer between the hinge and the bottom of the door so it shims up the door a little bit.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The door flap was rubbing at the bottom so I used a rasp and removed enough plastic to get it to close properly. Situation resolved but I probably voided some warranties to fix it.
    Goaltender

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the reply. It seemed like a of work and it was easier to take a little off the bottom of the flap. I'm not sure why they haven't made this adjustment at the factory or at the dealership.
    Goaltender

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The door can settle during travel.

There are shim kits to fix it, or, as said above, use a washer.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How difficult is it to put in the kit?
    Goaltender

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just added a washer to raise our Norcold 2118x door this week. Very easy. Two min job after you get tools and parts.
    Here is what I did;

1) Pull left plastic hinge cover (between refrigerator and freezer) straight out to remove (gives access to hinge pin)
    2) Use a 5/8" wrench to loosen the upper hinge pin for refrigerator door. It is only threaded a short distance.
    3) Steady the door (a helper is nice) and remove the the hinge pin (pull up and remove). The door will now be unsupported at top.
    4) Lift door up a little (to clear bottom hinge pin) or remove completely - your choice.
    Note: There are no wires or lines that need to be disconnected.
    5) Slip a 5/16'" ID washer over bottom pin. I used two aircraft AN960-516L (light or 1/2 thick) washers. But a single hardware store washer should work.
    6) Replace door over lower hinge pin
    7) Reinstall upper hinge pin
    8) Test door/flapper
    9) Modify/repeat as needed

A few notes from my install:
    - The door is not very heavy, but you need to support it when you remove the upper hinge pin or it will fall, possibly bending the lower hinge pin
    - The lower hinge pin is fixed and not removable
    - There was a very nice "Made in USA" sticker in the center bottom of the refrigerator. Right where the bottom of the flapper hit. Really poor placement. I (reluctantly) removed that sticker first. It helped a lot.
    - The flapper on my door had significant molding flash/parting line/misaligned plastic halves. I could get either the top or bottom to clear but not both at the same time. I had to remove a little plastic after shimming to get it to work properly.
    - We are camping now (outside thermometer shows 102 F now! Nights get to low 70's). Using it daily. Four days since the "fix" and flapper has not stuck once. Do not even have to open the right door to allow flapper to fully seat. Doors pass "paper pull" test.
    - Performance on both gas and electric is just barely "adequate". With wireless thermometers and not opening any doors for 8 hours, freezer is 28F and refrigerator is 39~40F. But again, it is HOT (102F outside) and refrigerator is in partial sun.

Hope this helps someone.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023