User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Microwave powered off then back on

Furrion microwave lost power right after using it last night while on generator power. I had taken a dish out to stir and when I went to start it again there wasn’t any power. No digital display or anything. Checked plug and breaker both okay. About 10 min later powered back on and worked fine finishing dinner. It’s not a generator problem because the TV never went off. Any ideas what to check if it happens again?

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strangely it worked again today. Hope it was just a fluke.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the same problem with ours. Got it replaced under warranty and have had no issues with the new one. I could not confirm my theory, but I believed it has an over heating sensor that shuts it down. Whether that is true I cannot be certain. I don't even know if it would be a control board item or a plug in sensor. We looked at replacing it with a better quality oven but didn't want to pony up $800.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    We had the same problem with ours. Got it replaced under warranty and have had no issues with the new one. I could not confirm my theory, but I believed it has an over heating sensor that shuts it down. Whether that is true I cannot be certain. I don't even know if it would be a control board item or a plug in sensor. We looked at replacing it with a better quality oven but didn't want to pony up $800.
    My husband was wondering if it could be some type of thermo sensor like you said. Was your problem intermittent or did it completely quit working? Our unit is still under warranty but I'm thinking our dealer isn't gonna do anything about it if it's working when we take it in

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dennysbabe View Post
    My husband was wondering if it could be some type of thermo sensor like you said. Was your problem intermittent or did it completely quit working? Our unit is still under warranty but I'm thinking our dealer isn't gonna do anything about it if it's working when we take it in
    It was intermittent. Some times the magic worked and sometimes it didn't.

I coordinated ahead of time with my dealer. When we arrived on our 350th day of ownership to have them address our list of warranty items they had already coordinated the warranty replacement and had the new one sitting on a shelf awaiting our arrival.

We found out something about warranties; while GD has a year warranty a lot of warranties are actually underwritten by the manufacturer of that component. When you contact GD they will simply refer you to the manufacturer. You can skip the middle people and go directly to Highpoint. It's easier for you if your dealer will step up to bat like my dealer did, they just handled it.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine did the same thing on our last trip. My wife was cooking on the stove and the micro just quit working. I tried to unplug for a minute or two and no success. About 30 minutes after she quit cooking it fired back up. Has to be some sort of thermal sensor in there.
    John and Denise; Houma, LA
    2017 Momentum 395M
    2016 Chevrolet K3500 DRW Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
    Mine did the same thing on our last trip. My wife was cooking on the stove and the micro just quit working. I tried to unplug for a minute or two and no success. About 30 minutes after she quit cooking it fired back up. Has to be some sort of thermal sensor in there.
    So far we haven't had any more problems with our microwave but will mention it to the dealer when we take our unit in next time.