User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    I had to share this...

I'm in the desert about half an hour outside Quartzite and even though there's nothing around here to connect to,
    just out of curiosity I raised the antenna, found an access point and connected to it, and it's almost 16 miles away!
    That's just nuts! lol I love this Nano.

How high did you have to raise it? Do you have it mounted on a pole?
    Monty and Nena, with our 4 legged friend Allie

2018 Dodge Ram Laramie Longhorn CC 4X4 DRW Mopar M25 hitch with 90 gal Aux tank
    2018 Grand Design Momentum 376TH
    2014 Harley Tri-Glide

[SIGPIC]http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALAZARFLGAIAKSLAMNMSMONENMNDOKSCSDTNTXsm.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yea, pole rises about 4 feet higher than roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    I paid $75 for the Ubiquiti Nanostation M2.
    Installed a couple days ago and was getting 20-30 Mbps download speed, from an RV park WiFi. Plus I’m encrypting the signal and rebroadcasting it under my own SSID.
    Completely worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But, encrypting the signal, just to decrypt and put it back on the parks wifi is pointless . You should be running through a vpn at all times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,

If you want to up the quality you need to go with Mikrotik equipment. Exact same gear the WifiRanger uses. I have this setup running and have had pretty good success since I can use either 2.4ghz or 5ghz and lock on to a channel. Total cost was around $200.

Gear:
    - MikroTik hAP AC RouterBoard
    - MikroTik Metal 52 ac (can swap antenna for directional)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am the OP and have run into a curious problem with my Nano antenna. At my current location I get either no connectivity or very short intervals of poor throughput. On the Main tab I can see the status of the connection to the AP looks good. I can ping the NanoStation router (192.168.2.1) but when I ping the default route with my laptop to the upstream AP (192.168.0.1, address assumed from the route table from the NanoStation Routes display), I get some very slow pings and some request timeouts.

In the NanoStation log I can see it connecting but then I get messages like these:
    Dec 5 15:53:34 wireless: ath0 Received deauth from 08:02:8e:c0:41:4b. Reason: Class 2 frame received from nonauthenticated STA (6).
    Dec 5 16:25:45 wireless: ath0 Received disassoc from 08:02:8e:c0:41:4b. Reason: Previous authentication no longer valid (2).

I sent the logs and support file to Ubiquiti support, but all they said was "it seems like the encryption key is changed on the AP". But if I'm in the building with the AP my laptop can connect with no problem. If anyone has some insight as to why this is happening I'd love to hear about it.
    2014 Ford F-150 Ecoboost / Max Tow / HD Payload
    2018 Reflection 295RL

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ouchkernel View Post
    Hey,

If you want to up the quality you need to go with Mikrotik equipment. Exact same gear the WifiRanger uses. I have this setup running and have had pretty good success since I can use either 2.4ghz or 5ghz and lock on to a channel. Total cost was around $200.

Gear:
    - MikroTik hAP AC RouterBoard
    - MikroTik Metal 52 ac (can swap antenna for directional)
    Is that second item a complete outdoor antenna?

If you've used a directional, what have you used?

Thanks.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Is that second item a complete outdoor antenna?

If you've used a directional, what have you used?

Thanks.
    Yeah it is, the antenna is removable so you can swap the omni with a directional. I have had good luck just using the omni directional antenna that comes with it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those who elect to install the Ubiquiti Nanostation, the following link is useful and includes some points not well-covered in the davidelmore blog that is popularly shared when discussing this device.

http://www.slideshare.net/lopinsjk/b...m2-as-receiver
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    For those who elect to install the Ubiquiti Nanostation, the following link is useful and includes some points not well-covered in the davidelmore blog that is popularly shared when discussing this device.

http://www.slideshare.net/lopinsjk/b...m2-as-receiver
    There is some very good information in those slides that I m sure will help new users. However these instructions assume you are connecting your computer directly to the Nano via Ethernet. This means you will need a network switch for more than one computer and this setup will not work for wireless devices like cell phones. For that you need to set up your own Wi-Fi access point as described in the davidelmore instructions, which will allow you to connect multiple wireless and wired devices.

But this link provides an excellent description of the convoluted process of configuring a Nano as a router.

Bob
    2014 Ford F-150 Ecoboost / Max Tow / HD Payload
    2018 Reflection 295RL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with southTX with unlimited cell data, a simple free app, just tether and forget wireless.
    Been using this method for over 10 years. Just make sure your carrier allows it. I use Verizon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123