User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Major water leak! Part 1

A couple a days ago we noticed a lot of water in our 2018 Reflection's 367 BH outside storage compartment that also contains the outside refrigerator. Very saturated behind the fridge and also the wooden platform underneath that it is mounted on. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6886.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	13921

The rear of the compartment behind the fridge and to the right was puddled and was oozing out from back wall.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3043.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	13922

I started to try to determine where water was coming from by removing main inside storage bay wall of camper.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6894.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	13923

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6893.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	13924

I inspected all fittings, water lines, all plumbing and connections. Dry as a bone. Then checked behind fridge storage compartment wall. Bingo!! Water everywhere all along wall and floor underneath blue water line that led up to outside spray port next left of storage bay right of entry door.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6892.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	13925

Removed the spray port from wall and found the fitting had a steady leak for sometime. Cracked fitting in white and YES I did winterize this port last season. This pic was the drier version after 48 hours using a heater and fan.
    2018 Reflection 367 BH
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD Laramie LB 4x4
    2014 Adventurer 910 DB Truck camper

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attachment 13926

Unfortunately the damage has been going on since we DE winterized and open the camper May 15th on our seasonal site. Figured it had been leaking at least 2 months? water nearly reached the power converter and damaged the floor leading up to main storage bay
    Attachment 13927

Also water drained into coroplast under belly!!Attachment 13928

I drilled a hole in into coroplast under belly cover and water proceeded to drain for over 12 minutes!!

Attachment 13929

We took a video of it . Also the fridge platform is ruined also. I checked all water fittings and connections in may when opening up camper for the season but not this spray port. We have dealer tech coming out the 25th for damage assessment. I am going to use 1/2 inch threaded cap to use until part replacement comes in. Everyone should remove these outside spray port covers off the camper wall and inspect regularly! Not too happy campers here.
    2018 Reflection 367 BH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water leak

Sorry for sideways Images. Taken with iPhone.
    2018 Reflection 367 BH

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for your troubles! Have you contacted your dealer or Grand Design to see if they'll work with you under warranty?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Rob, Yes we sure did. Dealer will be here the 25th of July. We also contacted warranty department and told us we can call a mobile RV tech as long as he is licensed and proof of liability. Called a mobile RV tech that I was referred to and left a message to see if He can come earlier. I removed the spray port and capped the line for now so we can keep using the FW. Drying out with heater and a fan for now.
    2018 Reflection 367 BH

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Billyray58 - Not that this is going to help with resolving your current problem, but something to consider going forward is one or more water alarms that will tell you about something like this much earlier. Several on this forum use the Honeywell monitor which has a remote sensing cable that can be snaked around the plumbing system or down into the underbelly where they will sense even a small amount of water.

(another) Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0754.jpg   IMG_0618.jpg  
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know. Exactly right too. Funny I just read some threads last week on these alarms. I even looked them up online and told myself this a good idea.
    2018 Reflection 367 BH

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Several on this forum use the Honeywell monitor...
    Perfect timing, "Other" Rob. After I'd read the OP's plight this is exactly what I was thinking about researching. Now my work is done...just gotta break out the credit card...
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear this issue with the leaking. Our 366DEN has multiple leaks, which I have either fixed myself (out of warranty) or have done workarounds (drip pan under leak). BUT what I had to do after my last major leak was to drop my coraplast and remove and replace the insulation (I have the silver barrier and house style insulation in my underbelly) because it was saturated. I did not want the mold issues. What a pain in the rear end to do this, but had to be done.
    Tim and Betsy
    Retired U. S. Marine (Tim)
    Retired Pastor (Tim)
    Active Golfer! (Tim)
    Current Physician Assistant (Betsy)
    2016 Solitude 366DEN
    2018 Chevrolet Crew Cab, DuraMax, 4WD, Dually, Long Box
    B&W Companion Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Perfect timing, "Other" Rob. After I'd read the OP's plight this is exactly what I was thinking about researching. Now my work is done...just gotta break out the credit card...
    Howard, do you remember where you got these?

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast