Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Copilot RV app

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Copilot RV app

Has anyone used this app.? Is it worth installing or are there better ones available?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used it for two years and it's like any other GPS it messes up sometimes. What I do like is I can zoom out and see the entire route and make adjustments by dragging the route to a new route. I also have the RV version of the Garmin and it has replaced it for most of our travels. I can easily switch between it and the All Stays apps, weather, and KOA app. I would buy it again.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I really like about the Garmin RV is that it has a big screen and it clearly shows the speed limit on whatever road you are on.

This has been a big bonus for us while we are in Canada since they use KMH instead of MPH.

While it's easy to toggle the speedo from MPH to KPH, it's really nice to know at a glance that I'm not exceeding the local speed limit. It even beeps to warn you that the limit is changing. That saved my butt a few times. One time it chimed in Jasper National Park right where the limit changed and the RCMP was running a speed trap.

4500 mi and no tickets!

Also I set the destination on the Garmin while I zoom out on my truck nav. That way I get get both a macro and micro view of my location.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing to keep in mind with phone-based apps... there were some folks in an older (OK, old) motorhome next to us this weekend. It's their first trip in their first RV and we're out in the middle of nowhere in North Carolina. They lost phone service on the way to the campground and, as a result, their navigation app quit working. They had to stop and ask directions. There are plenty of places out west where there's nobody to stop and ask...

That said, our Garmin RV760 has served us well for about five years now. It never looses signal except in tunnels - and we know where we are when we come out the other end.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to let people know that Co-Pilot downloads that map and doesn't use cellular data or needs cell data for navigation. The negative is it does take a lot of storage space on your phone. I use it on 12" IPad Pro. It does use cell data if you subscribe to traffic. I agree with the above that you don't what to depend on an app that depends on cell data in remote areas.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch