User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yellowstone and Tetons

Looking at a end of season trip to Yellowstone and Tetons. I am thinking 5 days for both not really going to hike mostly drive around to see sights(expect to walk the boardwalks), I was thinking of doing a day trip to the Tetons from the campground looking at Yellowstone Valley inn and Rv park(gets a 7.2 on park reviews it a little pricey) Any sugestions. Thanks
    2015 F250 CC SB 4x4 6.7 PSD
    2018 315 RLTS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yellowstone - just drive the upper and lower loops and you'll see most of the sights. We just did this.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a link to my photos of Yellowstone from a couple of weeks ago....... https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...l=1#post173217

And here is Grand Tetons and Jackson Hole...... https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...l=1#post173890
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We drove through Yellowstone Valley Inn and RV Park on the bike, when we were staying in Cody. It's pretty much a full resort however, it's a long way from anything in Yellowstone that's of interest. When we moved from Cody we moved on over to West Yellowstone which is more centrally located to things interesting.

Canyon Campground across the street from Canyon Village is much closer to everything worth seeing and they have hook ups. Or Buffalo Crossing RV Park in West Yellowstone, Mt. (just outside the west gate). I would try to get three days in either of those places and then two days in Colter Bay RV Park to visit the Tetons and maybe an afternoon in Jackson Hole.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    Here is a link to my photos of Yellowstone from a couple of weeks ago....... https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...l=1#post173217

And here is Grand Tetons and Jackson Hole...... https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...l=1#post173890
    Cool pics do you think 5 days I enough?
    2018 315 RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    We drove through Yellowstone Valley Inn and RV Park on the bike, when we were staying in Cody. It's pretty much a full resort however, it's a long way from anything in Yellowstone that's of interest. When we moved from Cody we moved on over to West Yellowstone which is more centrally located to things interesting.

Canyon Campground across the street from Canyon Village is much closer to everything worth seeing and they have hook ups. Or Buffalo Crossing RV Park in West Yellowstone, Mt. (just outside the west gate). I would try to get three days in either of those places and then two days in Colter Bay RV Park to visit the Tetons and maybe an afternoon in Jackson Hole.
    Per the website there are no hookups and I need FHU.
    2018 315 RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was Just there for our yearly trip in June. Fishing Bridge RV Park is the only full hook up inside Yellowstone. Its at the north end of Yellowstone Lake and close the center of the park. Easy to use as a bas camp and head in all directions. To the south in the Tetons Colter Bay is a great full hook up campground as is on Jackson Lake with all its amenities. Your about 45 minutes from the town of Jackson which is a great town to visit and great food.
    Brian and Paula- Truckee, CA
    2015 Reflection 303
    2017 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummings Turbo, Aisin HD Transmission
    B&W Companion Slider, Firestone Air Bags, Compressor with wireless remote

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by colo native View Post
    Cool pics do you think 5 days I enough?
    5 days is enough to get a taste. So much to see it is an incredible place. I have plans for a long trip there after I retire.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    5 days is enough to get a taste. So much to see it is an incredible place. I have plans for a long trip there after I retire.
    We were there four nights (three days). However, I've been to Yellowstone several times and so I knew exactly where we wanted to go and what we wanted to see and had it all laid out ahead of time. And, we did it all on my motorcycle (always faster on a bike when traffic is heavy). I would suggest googling things to see and do in Yellowstone and lay out each day's journey ahead of time. And even when you account for time to get out of the truck and go see the sites (many are 100 yd. walk or so for the best views), I would suggest padding your time each day by an hour or two......due to traffic stopped in the road (due to wildlife) and road construction where you may be stopped for half hour or more at a time.