User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What problems have you had since delivery?

Post your problems since delivery and solution

First let me say while this list appears to be long I am generally happy with the build quality.

Here’s is my list:

At PDI
    Entrance door needed to be slammed hard to close. - Dealer adjusted the door frame.
    Greased Brake hubs -Dealer replaced 2 leaking hubs and repacked the other 2 (see picture below)

Dealer repairs after delivery:
    Kitchen Slide roller defective - dealer replaced
    King TV antenna failed - dealer replaced antenna
    Several screw heads broken off on lower slide trim strip - dealer replaced
    Wrap around piece not fastened under trim strip on lower kitchen slide. - dealer replaced and properly fastened (see picture below)
    Heater duct under bedroom vent fell off. Only taped. Dealer screwed it and taped it

Repairs I made:
    Freezer getting moisture build up - i shimmed hinge with nylon washers to raise door
    Water heater would not run on propane - I replaced circuit board reimbursed by Atwood/Dometic
    Water leak drips in basement - i caulked shower door track
    Roof trail edge not sealed well - I used self leveling RV sealant to repair
    Zerk fittings not greased - i greased the suspension fittings
    Rusting screws on shower door track - I replaced screws with quality SS screws

—————

Improvements I made:
    Replaced all 5 tires with G rated Goodyear G714s
    Replaced drum brakes with Electric Hydraulic disc brakes
    Installed TPMS system on all 5 tires with repeater
    Installed Hood cover on MaxAir kitchen fan
    Installed MORryde power cord reel
    Installed hard wired 50 amp EMS
    Installed Camco Screen door grill
    Installed Camco screen door handlebar
    Installed Valterra twist in waste valve
    Replaced slam locks and Front compartment lock with keyed alike to entrance door

Last edited by Cate&Rob; 07-16-2018 at 09:48 AM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my 18, 303:
    Issues:
    Greased all wet bolts as it appears no grease was added during the build process.
    LPG lines (Grill hookup, Frig. Screws heads broke off. I drilled out, and used nylon nuts in stead of self tapping screws (Myself)
    Tri Fold Cushions replaced for frayed stitchings. (Lippert / Dealer)
    1 Dinette Chair replaced for a crack. (Lippert / Dealer)
    6 Gal water heater. Main Control Board and T Stat went out during our recent vacation trip, 2 weeks ago. (Dometic / Mobile Repair)
    Adjustment of Refrig Door Handle, screw was not even close to being tight. (Myself)
    5er Slide. Inside Trim cut too long, and bowed. I cut off and replaced. (Myself)
    Entry Door, must slam to "shut" properly. Also, Slide awning not rolling up correctly. Appointment at the dealer being scheduled at this time. (Dealer)

Add On's:
    Slide Toppers, all 3 slides
    Basement door locks, changed to door coded key.
    Max Air Vents, Kitchen Fan, Bathroom
    JT Strongarms, on landing gear.
    Water filter added in basement before Natiulus. (As seen on this forum).
    4 ft table holder in basement. (As seen on this forum).
    Fold Up Ladder Holder in basement, next to table.

We are also satisfied with our 303. This is our 3rd 5er in 22 years. All were new purchase. Each had there small issues.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel lucky I guess, only two very minor problems here. 1. the rubber latch that holds shower door closed broke first time I used it. 2. The cabinet door latch over
    the sink was weak and door would open while towing. Called dealer and said I really don't want to tow it in for that and they said bring in broken items and swap
    them out. made the repairs myself and all is good. Only two months old and about 500 miles towing but so far it's been great!!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not cold (Norcold) fridge blew its ammonia load and failed. Replaced under warranty. The kitchen slide has torn a hole in the linoleum floor. A decal is coming off. Pending repairs on those. 2017 310GK.
    Last edited by Daveyator; 07-16-2018 at 11:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sine inverter connections came loose during haul from dealer to west texas, so fridge wouldn’t work. Fixed myself.

Some caulking started coming off around the bottom “trim” of the slides and water heater. Fixed myself

Top of hutch has a crack the entire length where the two pieces have come apart. Dealer will fix once I get it in.

Kitchen faucet “sprayer” metal part is loose. Dealer will replace as well.

Main entrance door also not closing properly. It’s night and day between it and the rear door that is never used. Will have dealer adjust when taken in.

Add-ons

Maxx air vent covers

Progressive industries non hardwired surge protector.

Tinted shower skylight (thanks Jim!)

Snap pads

All in all still very pleased with the build quality of the unit. Have had 2 others in the past and we love this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Grand Design Solitude 379fls-r

2015 F250 FX4 6.7

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    310 GK trailer is currently at a dealer for: street side slide hydraulic cylinder leak. Also there is no sealant at all four corners of the roof (about 2-3 inches each corner) & sealant is cracking in various spots. Fridge door adjustment (excess moisture inside). Front compartment light doesn't (never has).

I have replaced two screws on the street side fender skirt (one was missing one was sheared off). Battery box was under two sheet metal screws so close that I could not get the lid off, cut them back enough for clearance. Glued and stapled a couple of trim pieces that fell off. Put an extra lock on the front compartment & put a longer catch on the middle one as the floor sags about 3/8". Rewired backup camera to the clearance lights. Greased the dry suspension (a couple of times now). Reconfigured basement walls for more floor space, & put in shelving (ideas from this forum). Put OH NO! leak detectors in the basement. Installed a few other conveniences.

Purchased the trailer in February & have dragged it about 3000 miles. Other than the oozing cylinder & fridge moisture, everything has worked as it should. Do I wish I didn't have these problems? Sure, but this thing is more complicated than my previous trailer, & way nicer. If the cyl. & roof are all the major problems I have I'll be a happy camper.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First issue I found when I got home from buying the camper. I saw something hanging down from under the camper. Crawled under and saw someone cut an "access panel" in the corrugated underbelly panel and then did a shoddy job taping it closed. I called dealer and they said they would replace it when I brought it in for a service appointment. I used Gorrilla Tape and sealed it up really well. 2nd issue was a water leak around dinette window. Adjusted the seal and fixed that. 3rd was the switch that controls wardrobe slide led lights (yeah that switch on the Nautilus panel everyone asks what it does). Dealership sent me a new one and I replaced it. The 4th and most recent was a waterpump failure. Happened on the 2nd day of an 8 day trip. Removed and replaced waterpump myself. Biggest hassle was having to drive to the dealership twice (30 miles each way) to get replacement parts. They covered the cost of parts. It was a pretty easy job. Other than those issues, it's been pretty good.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2018 303RLS

No issues at delivery

Furnace failed last night of shakedown trip: Dealer replaced sail switch after we dropped it off on the way home.

Croaking AAV valve under kitchen sink: Dealer gave me the part, 3 minute fix

Tighten coax connections/adjust a door or two/install bumpers on the doors and sharpie the places where they rubbed/lubed suspension

Still have to deal with:

Broken toilet seat lid/part probably in just have to go get it.

Rust spots in stainless kitchen sink/ not even sure were going to sweat it as they are very small and I don't want the island disassembled for such a minor issue.

Rusty water coming from axles tubes/ still haven't heard back from Dexter on this one but has subsided to almost nothing anyway. Not too worried about it.

Add-Ons:

Progressive EMS hardwired

Wireless control for leveling system

TV in bedroom

Bluetooth soundbar in living room

Install Blu-Ray DVD to living room TV

Maxx Air Vent covers

Overall, it has been a satisfying experience with this coach. Aside from the furnace failure, everything has worked or was operator error and corrected with a little education. I read this forum frequently and have checked for the many issues that have been reported but haven't had any of them. I am much more familiar with my coach by just looking though and will continue to take care of small stuff as it comes up...part of the RV experience
    Last edited by Rapid1; 07-16-2018 at 04:18 PM. Reason: forgot something...LOL
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, since you asked for "problems", that's what I'll list. Besides, I swapped so many things over from my previous fiver to this one and added so much new stuff, I'd just bore folks.

Anyway, the ONLY problem I had at the PDI was a big one. The coach blew a Westlake on it's trip in from the factory - less than 500 miles. I refused delivery, the dealer stepped up and replaced them all with Sailuns (my preference) and fixed the fender skirt. Everything else worked perfectly. I deal with Wilkin's RV in Western NY and they have always done a great job on pre-delivery, so I'm guessing they caught all of the factory boogers.

When I got it home, it is my custom to basically go through every single electrical and plumbing connection in the coach. I found one ground wire disconnected in the pinbox electrical box. All of the TV connections were "hand loose", so I snugged them up.

On the shakedown trip, I snugged up a bunch of screws, a door slide and spent some time touching up minor marks on the woodwork (and I mean minor - as in tiny).

I have owned 4 RV's and this one (thus far) has been the best built one of the bunch, hands down. The only major upgrade still remaining is the addition of disc brakes.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anybody had any issues with cabinet finish? The finish on the drawer fronts in my 2600RB appears to coming off. My wife has not used anything other than typical cleaning methods to wipe them down. I had it in to the dealer and they told me that they used a stain stick to recolor the areas, but during our last trip the problem reoccurred. My wife specifically did not wipe down the cabinets this trip. It’s only happening in the kitchen drawers. Is this a typical problem that anyone else is Having? I look forward to your thoughts.
    Thank
    Vince and Peg
    Kennedy (Bernese Mountain Dog)
    2017 Chevy Suburban Premier Edition w/max tow pkg.
    2018 GD Imagine 2600RB

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast