User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you do a search on this forum, I believe that you will find numerous entry's on Norcold problems and solutions. Many of them relate to door alignment and the flap not closing correctly.
    Gordo Fuchs
    Northfield, Ohio 44067
    2015 305RE Moryde I/S, Electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frustrated is putting it lightly. Now I'm getting pissed off! My trailer, for the second time, is at an RV repair shop, been there pushing 2 months and still no progress. I've been in touch with Jason Tippet at GD Customer Service and about to call him again and see if he can put more pressure on Norcold to replace the fridge. If everyone else would do the same, MAYBE something can be done. Like the above poster hinted, a call to my attorney. Lemon law?
    2022 Silverado Duramax/Allison 2500 HD
    2018 Momentum 328
    2018 Polaris RZR
    2005 Polaris Sportsman 500

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops! Lemon law just for cars. Darn!
    2022 Silverado Duramax/Allison 2500 HD
    2018 Momentum 328
    2018 Polaris RZR
    2005 Polaris Sportsman 500

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have done the search on the forum as well as checked the door flap and seals with no luck. Will call dealer and GD when I get back home. Very frustrating especially since it's not two months old and the first time using it. Seemed to be working at home prior to leaving.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Our freezer did better than yours, but our fridge about the same.

The trailer went back to the dealer, where the technician said he adjusted the door so it would seal properly.

Within 24 hours of setting up camp it was clear that the fridge still didn't work. I used impolite words.

After two weeks and discarding about $40 worth of food it went back to the dealer again. The door flap on the left door is not folding out properly. Dealer said they're seeing a lot of problems with this. On ours the floor of the fridge at the bottom of the door is bowed up and the flap binds against it instead of closing. If the flap doesn't close flat and parallel to the front of the fridge then the right door can't seal against it. Dealer is talking about grinding down the end of the door flap so it won't rub on the bowed-up floor of the fridge. Real precision-made appliance here.

Then we'll see whether the fridge some people call "Nevercold" will finally achieve at least minimum safe performance for storing food.
    Link to frig flap fix.

This is very easy to do. Take off the 2 screws holding the top hinge bracket. Pull up on the complete door to remove it from the hinge pin. Put small thin washer on top of hinge pin. Put door back on. Reattach hinge on top. Test swing of door flap.
    KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our door flap also closed only halfway. I did manage to solve this problem, at least temporarily. The bottom of the flap was catching on the made in USA sticker. I removed the sticker and all of the residue, wiped a thin layer of silicone over the area, and now the flap closes every time. Like I said, it is probably only temporary but I have no problem wiping silicone over that spot as often as I need to to get the flap to close. Much easier than dealing with warranty issues and all of the associated companies. Now if I could only find an easy solution to the freezer never getting below 20 degrees! The warranty dealer closest to us charges A $259 administrative fee if you did not buy your unit from them! Norcold only covers the parts, so we would be out labor costs and this lovely administrative fee which is beyond unacceptable!
    Dee and Scott
    "Houseless" since 2012
    2018 Momentum 376th
    2011 Ford F-350 King Ranch Super Duty dually
    1999 Yamaha Venture full-dresser
    Kya the cat

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Always At Home View Post
    Our door flap also closed only halfway. I did manage to solve this problem, at least temporarily. The bottom of the flap was catching on the made in USA sticker. I removed the sticker and all of the residue, wiped a thin layer of silicone over the area, and now the flap closes every time. Like I said, it is probably only temporary but I have no problem wiping silicone over that spot as often as I need to to get the flap to close. Much easier than dealing with warranty issues and all of the associated companies. Now if I could only find an easy solution to the freezer never getting below 20 degrees! The warranty dealer closest to us charges A $259 administrative fee if you did not buy your unit from them! Norcold only covers the parts, so we would be out labor costs and this lovely administrative fee which is beyond unacceptable!
    Agreed. Have you talked to GD about this? Allowing dealers to opt out of providing free warranty service seems short-sighted.

When I was looking for service in Michigan earlier this year I was initially told by the service rep of a well-known GD dealer that they weren't accepting GD warranty work. I called GD and was told that could not be the case, so I called the dealer service manager. He skated on what his employee had told me and began arranging a date for the warranty service but I got the impression that his employee wasn't out there on his own - he was following instructions. Ended up deciding that probably wasn't the best place to expect quality work to be done.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lived in Michigan when we sold everything and went on the road. I Generally know the dealer, I think, and would stay a long way away from them.
    Dee and Scott
    "Houseless" since 2012
    2018 Momentum 376th
    Kya the cat

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Always At Home View Post
    20 degrees where in the freezer? The coldest spot should be at the left top shelf.
    Test there with a remote thermostat if possible.

A thin washer on bottom left door hinge pin will also help with the flip of the flap.

linky to fix, KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Ken. Unfortunately, that's exactly where the thermometer is.
    Dee and Scott
    "Houseless" since 2012
    2018 Momentum 376th
    Kya the cat

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast