User Tag List

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Full Timing, Residency and Voters Rights Challenged in Florida

It is extremely difficult for some people to grasp that other people may prefer a nomadic lifestyle. If you don't pay for a plot of space that is zoned as residential then you are not a resident. But if you live on a park bench then it's ok. (page 3-4 reference 6)

The director of elections in Clay County Florida has this to say:

Customers of a private mail forwarding service who attempt to establish legal residency in a county by filing a Declaration of Domicile that fails to list a residential address or that lists a nonresidential address at which they do not reside and who have no other meaningful contact with the county other than using the services of this enterprise in the county to receive mail, secure a Florida driver license or Florida identification card, and obtain a license plate, or hull number for a boat, without having a past or present physical presence and intent to establish pem1anent residency in the county is not sufficient to establish residency for voter registration purposes and are most likely not legal residents of the county.

The full letter is interesting reading.

Clay County Voter Registration Ruling

My mail service is challenging this ruling via legal means. It will be interesting.

This is the second time my choice of lifestyle has been discriminated against. The first was a bank that refused to do business with us because we did not have a permanent physical address.

I am seriously considering purchasing a cheap lot in Florida scrub county, calling it my permanent address, then having all my correspondence forwarded to the mail service. It would still be a pseudo-residence, but at least it would be something that narrow minded people could point at.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop you from voting, next they will be passing laws against you, think taxes of some form.
    2022 Soitude 390RK-R GMC Denali
    Haoview camera system; Traxx automatic Water softer; RVLock V4.0 Keyless Entry; RV; Comfort System "Cheap Heat"; Dometic 510 Toilet; Eurgeen Small Dehumidifier; Bluonics RO water filter; AP 24-1002 Propane Tank Gas Level Indicator

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problems in Texas. I believe it has already been tried in court. Second Chance Rob might chime in with more details. As of now though FL has better insurance policies than TX for out of state primary care.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used American Home Base in Pensacola since 1998. I can only vote in State and National elections. We are going to change to Texas
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places