User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fam5mel View Post
    Yes we were there July 6th. Wish we hadn’t gone down there. I’m sure years from now we will look back and think it was funny.
    SO
    Since you was maybe the biggest geyser eruption of the year, show use some pictures.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    I'd try vinegar - a mild acid, as many coffee makers advise to use to dissolve hard water deposit build up. It was the go-to product of choice for clean-up of excess grout when I built my fireplace. Pretty unlikely to do any damage to the paint. Spray an area, let it sit a few minutes, and wash off with soap and water. Of course, test on an inconspicuous spot first.
    I did this on my truck after I found it at the work parking lot (sat for two weeks) with the same type of coating. It turned out the be a broken sprinkler head where every night it would spray my truck with well water that was loaded with minerals. Each day the sun would bake the minerals in the paint. When I first looked at the truck I thought it would need to be painted as well but the vinegar did the trick.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up my truck this week from the body shop. Took them two days of light buffing and had to remove trim around taillights, rear lights. The hardest part to clean up was the plastic trim, bedrails, mirrors, wiper blades and hood cowling and glass. Not sure how they did that but it looks like a brand new truck. No apparent damage to the clear coat. I was afraid they would have to buff it so much that it would go thru the clear coat. Covered under comprehensive. Thank goodness for insurance. On our return trip from Yellowstone we heard a loud thump. I thought a rock or road debris hit my truck. Did not find any damage. While washing our 337RLS I found what the thump was. A rock had hit the upper right corner of the front cap where it meets the roof. Put about a 4" crack in cap and about a 10"crease. Had to take a day off work to take it to dealer to repair. Should have it back in a week. Dealer has one guy who does nothing but fiberglass repairs on RV's. Told me front cap damge is pretty common. Again covered under my insurance.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree about the benefit of comprehensive insurance. I had a big comp claim in 2014 for $11K. Then, I had three monster claims of well north of $100K when we had the fire in 2016. But my rates never went up!

Jim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12