User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First a story..early last year we were splitting a trip between a campground in Cincinnati and one in eastern Indiana. After leaving Cincinnati and arriving at Whitewater Memorial, we discovered we had lost our keys. We had apparently also left our spare set at home.
    Our daughter was due to join us the next day so she grabbed our spare set. In the meantime, we found a small boy who could crawl into the passthrough storage. He could access the interior through a cabinet door and unlock the door from the inside. He got it open, I gave him 5 bucks, and we were good until our daughter arrived the next day with the spare keys.
    Fast forward a couple months...we went to our dealer to get some spare keys. Ended up signing a deal for our new Imagine.
    Moral of this story....don't lose your keys, it can be expensive.
    Fast forward to Christmas...wife gets me RVLocks. I install them on our first trip in the spring. So far they are great. No lost keys....no new camper.
    2018 Imagine 2800bh
    2018 Ram 2500
    6.4 heni

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My advice - get rid of the RVLock. Time for a new RV

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not even a year old yet....keeping the locks
    2018 Imagine 2800bh
    2018 Ram 2500
    6.4 heni

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Late add to thread, but I installed door lock and basement RVlocks today. Great fit and was easy job.

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    We've never used the key in ours, only the key pad and we've never had a problem. However, when I was still working I had locksmith training from both Schlage and Kwikset and in both of those training's we were advised to never put a liquid (oil, WD-40, silicone, etc.) in a lockset.....that while it would be smoother at first, in short order it would cause us more problems than we could imagine. Only use powdered grahite in a lock set. Any liquid acts as a magnet for dust, dirt, anything blowing in the wind, etc.

Also, for the OP, make sure that you do not mount the keypad in the way of the grab handle when it's folded over the door (ready to go down the road). Don't ask me how I'd know that.
    UPDATE TO MY OWN POST OF JULY 2018....

I have still not used a liquid lubricant in my locks....I only use powdered graphite. And I have not changed the batteries yet. I've still not had to use a key in it and still no problems with my RV Lock. I would give this lockset very high marks if I were doing a review.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12