Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Awning issue

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awning issue

I've been having problems with the left arm (if facing camper) not closing all the way against the camper wall because it's not aligned and hitting the wall brace. I removed the only screw I saw that's into the awning fabric and tried pulling the whole piece of fabric to the right, then replaced screw. Seemed to work for 2 or 3 uses, but having same issue again.

Any ideas?
    '17 Reflection 30BH
    '17 Ram 3500 CTD Sport CC 4x4
    B&W RVK3600

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Moving thread to the "Tech Corner" of the forum so that Grand Design RV can weigh in. Please note that they are currently experiencing a power failure and may take some time to get back to you.

Jim - Moderator

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    46 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadDog66 View Post
    I've been having problems with the left arm (if facing camper) not closing all the way against the camper wall because it's not aligned and hitting the wall brace. I removed the only screw I saw that's into the awning fabric and tried pulling the whole piece of fabric to the right, then replaced screw. Seemed to work for 2 or 3 uses, but having same issue again.

Any ideas?
    Good afternoon! Can you please let us know what brand awning you have? Solera, Carefree or Dometic

Thanks!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm good question. I thought it was another LCI product, but guess it's probably a Dometic. I'm not near it at the moment to look. It's a black 20 ft awning with wind flex arms & self dump features.
    '17 Reflection 30BH
    '17 Ram 3500 CTD Sport CC 4x4
    B&W RVK3600

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also, have a similar issue on the awning on the door side, which is on the “slide out”. (Main awning is okay)
    If facing the door, it is the back arm at the rear of the trailer. This arm does not come close completely. Been doing it since new.
    I spoke to my dealer who is going to look at it once I get the trailer to them.(I have pulled the trailer close to 1000 miles and no issue with it un rollling or anything). It looks like the fabric hangs lower on the side when the awning is out.
    I’m curious if others on having issues.
    Awning is domestic: mfg # 915FJ10.561UL. Mfg/PNC 958638114.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Superduty. From what you’ve described I have the same issue sense new on the same awning. We have a 2018 337rls. I think our slides are both the same size. So Iam not alone on this. Sometimes I get fabric hanging loose by the right arm of the awning and sometimes it fairly tight. Sometimes the right arm may not close tight and I need to open and close it again to get it closed tight. The left arm is always as you described. I just thought the fabric maybe wasn’t cut square or the slide structure has an issue. Jim (checkmate)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Checkmate. Yup, exactly my issue. I have two camping trip scheduled up by my dealer, so at least I don’t have to make special trips in case they replace the fabric, which I think they will do.

Funny, I did not really want this slide awning. But...since being on vacation for 2 1/2 weeks, I’m glad I have it. Place the picnic table under the slide awning, and the main awning is for social time.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. We had the same feeling on having the second awning. It’s nice to have. Jim (checkmate)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Credit goes to GD, for adding (force), for seeing the benefits of the second awning.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have same issue since new on our 2016 Momentum. Front arm doesn't close all the way like the other arms do. I believe the fabric either gets stretched or is cut just slightly different. Hasn't been a problem in 3 years and nearly 10,000 miles. Just enough to bug you (1/4 inch or less) when you look at it and wish it would close as designed.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast