User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Awning issue

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve, I misunderstood, obviously thought you were talking about the slower motor not pulling the awning rail out of the trailer.

Anyways, we are on our 2nd Solera motor and it is starting to stall after 2 years. We hope it's the rocker switch and not another motor. Research the longevity of motors if they're interchangable. Slower may not be better.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve. Just a thought. Release the awning button just before the awning is to be completely closed. See if that stops the slamming and is also completely closed. That’s what Iam doing. Seems to help. Jim

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the original 6' Solera Awning replaced by the Dometic 8' awning a couple months ago by the GDRV Factory Service Center at the time our walls were replaced. Nothing wrong with the Solera just wanted the extra 2' of awning with a greater slope than the Solera.

This change from the Solera 6' to the Dometic 8' was suggested by several of we owners in 2014/2015 for Reflections where it could be done. As in many instances, GDRV listened to this feedback much of which is in past and current GDRV products.

We actually stop depressing our retract switch for our Dometic about a foot from the wall and it slowly completes the retract process thus eliminating the bang on the RV exterior and possible pulling of track from wall. We did not do this initially and there was quite a tug. However, the new awning track installed on the exterior wall seems to be affixed with a stronger bond than our original one. The original rail did pull away in 2014 and we installed several molly rivets on each end which did the trick.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whistle burner, no problem. Might not have explained it well enough.

Checkmate. Tried that. Still the same. When I release the button, the awnings just stop.

Dan. As soon as I release the retract button, the awnings stop, whether it is a foot away or an inch away.
    I wonder, is there something in the switch? Hum. Heading outside to play. I will update later my try’s

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update, good news, bad news thing.
    I been using the “Slide Awning” for the release the button check, etc.
    I had that awning roll/fabric, motor included, replaced last Friday as it did not roll up correctly leaving the rear arm not flush. When retracting this awning, when I release the button it stops dead in its track. Tried it 3 times, same results.

Tried the main awning.
    Jim is correct. When I let go of the retract button, the awning drifts maybe a couple inches. Did this 3 times.
    I wonder if the slide awning once I use it a few times, that the motor will do the same “drift” when releasing the button.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve. Maybe your idea of using the awning some will work. These awnings have springs inside the tube from what I understand. Maybe they’ll relax or take shape and help the issue. Jim

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim,
    That is what I’m hoping for also. Thanks for the “release the switch tip”.

Hope to see you out there, somewhere soon.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had replaced the material on our Solera awning years ago and there was no spring. Awnings that pull out have the springs. Could not tell you of any others than the Solera that I had worked on.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I had replaced the material on our Solera awning years ago and there was no spring. Awnings that pull out have the springs. Could not tell you of any others than the Solera that I had worked on.
    i was told at the dealer last Friday during the install of the roller/fabric that the Dometics do have a spring also, that works with the power motor. This might be where they continue to roll a couple inches once you let go of the switch ( if you know that trick)
    Lipperts awnings do not have a spring the service man said.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123