User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Start early and you could float that boat all the way to Florida.
    That thought crossed our minds more than once . Many have done just that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0274.jpg  
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    27 years military followed by 21 year civilian career (8 year overlap in the middle with reserves). Unfortunately, my first wife didn't make it to enjoy retirement with me - and a large insurance payout when she was killed added both an additional retirement income stream and a significant load of guilt. I retired the second time at 62 and my loving and willing wife agreed to hit the road with me. The latter part of this explains my handle ("Second Chance").

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    20 years with the U.S. Army then retired. Last year both the wife and I retired from teaching. Having three retirements is what lets us enjoy our lives now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grew up on a cattle farm in a small town in central MN. Went to Tech school for mechanical drafting and design. Got a job right out of college with the largest construction, mining, diesel and natural gas engine, industrial turbine and diesel-electric locamotive company in the world. I've been there for 20 years (half of my life). Married my beautiful, loving wife 13.5 years ago. She works in the medical field. We have two beautiful, full spirited daughters who love camping. Family members have owned campers for 15-20 years. We decided it was time to get our own camper so we didn't have to find someone willing to take us in during family camping trips. Looking forward to many years of enjoyment with the family using this camper. Hoping to retire in a measly 22 more years!
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    W orked my career as a IBEW Journeyman Lineman, traveling all over chasing jobs. Started out with my girlfriend (now my wife for 33 years) camping in a 2 man mountain tent. Moved up to a truck camper and used that on the road for awhile. Went back to tenting and pickup truck with a cap on the back for many years. We bought a Teardrop around 05 and had a blast with that. Did some great trips all over. Retired in 17 and bought a Surveyor 28 ft tt that we towed with a F-150. Rented a RV site in Florida last winter for the season. We arrived in November and suddenly our dream trailer got real small. Came home for Christmas and traded the truck for a F-250 Diesel then went back to Florida and traded the new trailer for a GD Reflection 337-RLS. We absolutely love this thing. Now that it's been home we have been fine tuning some things and getting some ideas for the people on here (Thank you). We will head south in mid October and spend the winter back in Florida then return home in the spring. The plan is to sell out everything here and become full timers for awhile and see more of the country. Hope I didn't bore you guys with our story.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Married my wife at 19 years old. We both worked for a courier service, me for 7 years and her for 17 years. I became a cop at age 23. Worked in every field in the department. Spent 9 years worked canines, and have always had dogs in our lives. Retired on my birthday at age 50 (5 years ago) Very fortunate our contract allowed us to do that at the time. We just sold our mountain home and will be renting a house on our daughters property. This will afford us the ability to seasonal at our favorite lake, spend a couple months in Arizona and time in Utah. We enjoy our Razor UTV and pontoon boat.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't remember if I posted on this one or not. If I did, then delete this post.

46 years (1972 - present) Avionics Technician and Engineer. 21 of those years for Learjet and the last 15 years for an avionics manufacture in Tucson AZ. Been RVing since 1998 when we got a 21' TrailLite TT.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes you just have to be thankful!

Born in London, lived in Liverpool and Derby before moving to the USA. Lived in Long Beach, Tucson, South Bend, Phoenix and now Page.

Worked on trains and boats and planes...I could make a song about that!

Went from paper boy to apprentice to engineer to manager (not doin much) to executive (doin even less) to pumping other peoples' poop out of house boats.

Now sold the business and have spent half this year in our 303 RLS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Career in the HVAC field. Volunteer firefighter/ Chief the last ten years.
    2017 Solitude 384GK
    2012 F350 Lariat
    Pullrite Superglide 18K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still working full time for the next 6 months. I've worked as a geotechnical engineer for 30 years, really enjoy the work; but ready to not be doing it every day. During the last 30 years I've worked across a large portion of the country, Washington to California to Alabama to Maryland and most places in between.

The DW has worked in IT for 30 years. Started at McDonnell Douglas, then went into consulting for a variety of companies including Anheuser-Busch, Monsanto, Peabody Coal, and Charter Communications. Both of us are engineers, always tried to live well beneath our means and save at least one of our salaries.

We have always enjoyed traveling and are hoping to do a lot more starting next year. Doubt we will do anything approaching full time, but really hope we can start taking some long trips.
    Mike, Linda, and Shady (terrier mix rescue)

Reflection 150 230 RL with free standing dinette (swapped location of the dinette and the recliners)
    2020 GMC 3500 Denali
    B&W Companion Hitch and Turning Point Pin Box locked out

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast