Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Syncing Trailer to Phone

Just bought a new 354 Momentum. How do I connect the trailer to my phone? The touchscreen doesn't show a bluetooth hookup or wifi. I'm trying to follow the directions on the sticker, have only got so far, then I get stuck because of previously mentioned. Thanks in advance.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cattledog04 View Post
    Just bought a new 354 Momentum. How do I connect the trailer to my phone? The touchscreen doesn't show a bluetooth hookup or wifi. I'm trying to follow the directions on the sticker, have only got so far, then I get stuck because of previously mentioned. Thanks in advance.
    Are you hooking it up on the wifi first? I couldn't get mine connected either. I gave up and the next time I got in it worked.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're in the middle of our maiden shakedown trip. How do I know if I can sync my trailer to my phone? TIA
    Goaltender
    2017 GMC Sierra Denali Crewcab 3500HD shortbox
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cattledog04 View Post
    If you look on the back of your One Control panel, there should be a wifi password. The wifi should show up on your phone as myrv and a bunch of number and/or letters. After connecting to the wifi, you can then use the OneControl app that can be downloaded from the app store. Actually quite nice to control all the systems from your phone. The only drawback I found was switching from park wifi to camper wifi in an effort not to use cell data.
    John and Denise; Houma, LA
    2017 Momentum 395M
    2016 Chevrolet K3500 DRW Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goaltender View Post
    We're in the middle of our maiden shakedown trip. How do I know if I can sync my trailer to my phone? TIA
    If you have the OneControl panel in yours, you should be able to sync using the method I described above.
    John and Denise; Houma, LA
    2017 Momentum 395M
    2016 Chevrolet K3500 DRW Diesel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had difficulty with mine my android phone. It is my understanding that the software is written to enable wifi connection on the phone so it can automatically connect to the wifi router in the RV. My phone would not do that. In order to save battery power on my phone I have the "search for wifi" turned off.

So in order to connect I have to go to my phones wifi settings and enable the wifi. Then there is a race to see if my Verizon broadband mifi connects before the rv's wifi connects, sometimes I have to manually connect the rv's wifi or turn my mifi off.

Once the phone is connected to the rv's wifi router I enable the app and it works fine.

Just a note, the rv's wifi router is not connected to the internet via an internet service provider, only people with about 75 feet of the RV can see your wifi router.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750