User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a Minwax stain that is virtually the same color. But I cannot remember the name. You could pull a drawer off and compare it to Minwax's stain color chart. You would use a small rag dipped into the stain to touch any scratches up.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    There is a Minwax stain that is virtually the same color. But I cannot remember the name. You could pull a drawer off and compare it to Minwax's stain color chart. You would use a small rag dipped into the stain to touch any scratches up.
    That is good to know for future use. I think they make the stain pens as well.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for feedback and repsonse to some questions. I don't think it is necessary to name the customer service rep that I spoke to at Grand Design. I spoke to one and my wife another. Both were courteous and professional. Both stated Grand Design does not give out part numbers and no direct ordering of parts. The touchup stick has been shipped. I do not have the part number. Perhaps it will be on the invoice. Yes I could have gone and purchased sharpies or furniture paint sticks. That is what I would have done if unable to have the dealer order from Grand Design Thinking Grand Design surely touches things up during the manufacturing process they were my first go to. I was correct that they do touch things up. Did not intend for anyone think I am bashing Grand Design. Happy with there service and love our 5th wheel. This has been a learning curve. Bottom line Grand Design does not provide part numbers or parts to the purchaser. You must go thru the dealer. End of issue on my part.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve&Mary View Post
    That is good to know for future use. I think they make the stain pens as well.
    Provincial- Minwax

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Andrew in the Burgh
    2015 Reflection 317RST...Auction Rebuild

See Thread Here:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...795#post145795

2016 F350 CCLB DRW 6.7

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agpopp View Post
    Provincial- Minwax

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the information

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fam5mel View Post
    Both stated Grand Design does not give out part numbers and no direct ordering of parts
    Agreed that GDRV will not sell parts directly to customers because of their business agreements with their dealers, but they do provide all service part numbers. See their website at https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...y/parts-lookup. You can enter the specifics of your GDRV model and find all service parts by description, picture and part number.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if GD could sell parts legally. Would they have the proper licensing to pay the proper taxes selling retail. Selling to dealers is a different license and different tax. That's what else would keep them from selling trailers direct.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I don't know if GD could sell parts legally. Would they have the proper licensing to pay the proper taxes selling retail. Selling to dealers is a different license and different tax. That's what else would keep them from selling trailers direct.
    I called GD customer service one time and tried to order parts. The guy was very nice and spent quite a bit of time explaining to me why they could/could not and I ended up more confused than ever. Something about Texas has a franchise law so they could not sell direct, but in other states they could. He stressed that if I was broke down somewhere they would get me whatever parts I needed - which I thought was very nice, but left me more confused than before.

Their policy on parts sales sounds rather inconsistent and my guess is that they just don't want to be bothered with little orders. If their franchise law excuse is valid, the other manufacturers haven't heard of it because I have had both FR and Keystone ship to me in Texas. Note that - at least for now - there is no tax on internet sales so that's not an excuse.

If nothing else, if GD really was serious about supporting their customers, they would encourage some dealer in a non-franchise state to set up an ebay store the same way many, many auto dealers do. I can buy any part for my Ford on ebay and it is much more convenient than dealing with an RV dealer who really doesn't want to provide either service or parts. They allow independent shops to provide warranty service, how is that permissable under the franchise laws?

Perhaps a moderator would be kind enough to flag this for Emily and ask her to tell us all why GD won't sell parts directly or encourage someone else to.

Best,

John
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d like to thank Rob for informing that part numbers are listed on Grand Design website. I was not aware of this. Good to know for future reference. My question now is why after speaking to two different Grand Design customer reps they didn’t direct me to their website? Still needed order to go thru dealer. Item I needed is not listed on their website. Appreciate all the great info on this forum.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi fam5mel - It could be that the GDRV reps you were talking with were focused on touch-up paint which they knew was not on their website . . . just guessing .

I have heard the early Reflection finish colour affectionally called "Micah Maple" by GDRV employees . . . after Reflection General Manager Micah Staley who apparently picked it personally.

I think part of the problem is that there is a large variation in colour and many different substrates. Most of the trim is actually vinyl covered, so a scratch in the vinyl will take repair stain differently than a scratch through the vinyl. Over time, there is also quite a variation between finishes that are in sunny areas and those that are deeper in the corners. (I realize that you are asking about the darker beadboard . . . so this doesn't really apply.)

We carry a package of marker pens and often end up using a blend of two or more to get the colour we are looking for. This is actually not too difficult to do.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails brown-rejuvenate-interior-stain-rj6wm-64_1000.jpg  
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast