User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frustration Ordering Interior Touchup Paint Stick

Checking out and cleaning our 337RLS after vacation I noticed some scuff marks on the dark paneling behind counter and the kitchen island. Thinking Grand Design must touchup things while building these units I thought I would call them and order a paint stick marker for the paneling and one for the cabinets. Called Grand Design and yes they do have paint sticks but will not sell them to the RV purchaser. Must be ordered from the dealer. OK, I call the dealer and after going thru the Grand Design website looking for a part number none is listed. So I'm told to call Grand Design for a part number. I call Grand Design and yes there are part numbers. No we will not give you the part numbers. The dealer has to call us and request the part number so he can order them for me. By now both my dealer and I are ticked. Can not believe that they will not give one a part number to order. So tomorrow the dealer is going to call them and request part numbers so he can order the paint stick markers. They must be managed by the government. Has anyone else had an experience like this?

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dealership should have made the call for you if they don't have an item in stock that you're wanting to buy from them......paint stick or any other part....the dealership needs to earn your business. Sadly, it sounds like they operate like many RV dealerships (all makes). Having said all of that, I'm very surprised that they wouldn't give you a part number. Were you talking to customer service at GD?
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. Just the opposite of my most recent contact with GD Customer Service. I sent them an email regarding an issue I'm having with both A/C units short cycling when in the Auto mode. Told them I'd read on this forum that there might be an issue with the thermostats. I received a response 3 days later asking for pictures of the thermostats and my mailing address so they could send me two new ones.
    Barb and Blair, retired and loving it
    2017 F250 Lariat Super Cab, Short bed, 4x4, diesel, Tow Technology Bundle, Pullrite 16K Autoslide
    2017 Reflection 307MKS, 3/17 Build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I tagged Emily Stahley (GDRV Social Media Director) so she can look into this issue for you.

Jim

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get Sharpies in just about all colors of the spectrum. I have used them extensively for touch ups on just about everything. I had to touch up the bath and bed doors on our coach after installing felt bumpers and even though I can see where I touched up, no one else can.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lazy parts department at your dealer....
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    46 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fam5mel View Post
    Checking out and cleaning our 337RLS after vacation I noticed some scuff marks on the dark paneling behind counter and the kitchen island. Thinking Grand Design must touchup things while building these units I thought I would call them and order a paint stick marker for the paneling and one for the cabinets. Called Grand Design and yes they do have paint sticks but will not sell them to the RV purchaser. Must be ordered from the dealer. OK, I call the dealer and after going thru the Grand Design website looking for a part number none is listed. So I'm told to call Grand Design for a part number. I call Grand Design and yes there are part numbers. No we will not give you the part numbers. The dealer has to call us and request the part number so he can order them for me. By now both my dealer and I are ticked. Can not believe that they will not give one a part number to order. So tomorrow the dealer is going to call them and request part numbers so he can order the paint stick markers. They must be managed by the government. Has anyone else had an experience like this?
    Good morning! I have sent this info over to the team so they can see the trouble and frustration you're having. Could you please message me your VIN and your contact info ?? Thank you so much!!!

Emily

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on ordering paint stick. My dealer made the call to Grand Design and after a lot of phone time was able to order it. At first they told him they are not available, but after telling them he was calling to order it for me they suddenly remembered they had them. They are on the way. I can't fault the dealer. If a part number is not listed on the dealers parts list he can't order it without a part number. Yes he could have called Grand Design for the part number for me but I volunteered to call them. I just cant believe that they would refuse to give a customer a part number and insist that the dealer has to get it. Grand Design made it very clear they do not sell direct and will not give the customer a part number. Not bashing Grand Design! Just repeating what I was told by the customer service rep. On a positive note we love our 337RLS model year 2018. Have had no problems or issues with it to speak of. Thanks to everyones feedback.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on ordering paint stick. My dealer made the call to Grand Design and after a lot of phone time was able to order it. At first they told him they are not available, but after telling them he was calling to order it for me they suddenly remembered they had them. They are on the way. I can't fault the dealer. If a part number is not listed on the dealers parts list he can't order it without a part number. Yes he could have called Grand Design for the part number for me but I volunteered to call them. I just cant believe that they would refuse to give a customer a part number and insist that the dealer has to get it. Grand Design made it very clear they do not sell direct and will not give the customer a part number. Not bashing Grand Design! Just repeating what I was told by the customer service rep. On a positive note we love our 337RLS model year 2018. Have had no problems or issues with it to speak of. Thanks to everyones feedback.
    So … what is/are the part number(s) for the stain colors ?

...VTX-Al

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm happy that your dealership finally got it ordered for you. All the dealerships know that the consumer can not order from the factory. However, unlike most of the dealerships (based on personal experience as well as other owner's experiences), Grand Design factory has excellent customer service and even though they can't sell to us, they have a reputation for bending over backwards to help us owners with information and warranty replacement parts where the dealerships seem to drag their feet. Which customer service rep were you talking to that would not give you the part number? Did he just refuse or didn't have it at his fingertips and was going to have to get back to you with it?
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast