User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool More on the MorRyde StepAbove and Lippert SolidStep

From what I can gather from the Web and local MorRyde dealers there seem to be two types of MorRyde StepAbove. After market that doesn't include pistons for easier maneuvering the steps up and down and ones coming on units from the Factory that have the pistons on them. Every thing I find on the net shows the steps either connected to the side of the unit below the door or a plate that rests on the bottom of the door frame. Neither of these seem to have pistons on them. Now the MorRyde coming on the 2019 GD Solitudes does attached over the bottom of the door, but it also has extensions on the inside of the door fames (both sides) that contain the pistons. The cover plate over the attachment bar (covers the area over the bottom of the door frame) is the width of the bottom of the door fame as it goes over to the extensions with the pistons I have talked about. These steps do raise and lower with easy and they have pre-drilled holes with set nuts on the left side rail to add the handrail.

My continued issue is that the MorRyde coming on the units have steps that are only 19" wide vs the Lippert Solid Steps that are 24" wide, plus the top step on the Lippert is 13" Deep vs 8" on the MorRyde. They have no pistons helping with the lowering and raising, but I'm not found that to be an issue. When you compare the two on units, the Lippert has about 3/4" clearance of the door fames when in the up position where as the MorRyde with the narrow step has almost 3" on each side for clearance (yes its a narrow step. ) What I can't find any place is if all three door width models of the MorRyde come with the same 19" step. Just seems they could have put a wider step on the 29-1/2" door. Just thinking the steps for a wider door should be a wider step.

Any one seen any information on the Step width for the MorRyde with Pistons? I'm calling MorRyde tomorrow, but thought I reach out here also. Thanks
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is an update on the Step size issue. Called MorRyde and was transferred to Jennifer who sounded very young, but must have had 50 years experience on MorRyde steps or invented them. She was a wealth of information. The new MorRyde step that are coming out on some of the Grand Design units currently is only an OEM product, so you can not buy it currently as an after market step. This is why there is NO information on the web about them. They are currently selling it to a few buyers, but can only be installed at the MorRyde service center. They expect it to be an after market step around December. They do make a step for a 30" door that has steps that are 23-1/2" wide. The 28" door model has 19" wide steps. This seems to be the model GD is installing on their 29-1/2" doors. Per Jennifer the 30" model would fit.

So next I called GD Customer Service. Before I forget AWESOME service. They understood the issue and will need to get back to me as they need to contact the Solitude Product Manager for the reason they went with the small door model. My guess is they will tell me the door was to tight for the 30" model, but MorRyde says it only needs 1/8" clearance on both sides. I must admit that sound tight. The Current 2018 models on the same 310GK model has about 3/4" clearance on both sides. The new MorRyde has 3+" inches on both sides.

Would seem GD was having no issue with 3/4" clearance, but will wait and see what they say. I will ask them for the clearance they got with the 30" model. More as I get the information.

I must admit the new MorRyde step is very easy to raise and lower with the new pistons. It also has solid walls on both sides of the rails where the Lippert only had one side of the rails covered. They also have pre-drilled holes for an awesome handrail. Just would like to have a 23-1/2" step vs only 19" for better footing and safety.

Any one have a new GD with the new MorRyde? If so, how do you like them?
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you delete posts? I’m taking up server space on this item that could be used for issues others are interested in. Thanks
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasUmpire View Post
    How do you delete posts? I’m taking up server space on this item that could be used for issues others are interested in. Thanks
    Don't assume lack of interest!

I was interested to read your posts even though we have the Lippert OneStep that you (and we) like.

Like you, we don't think we need the assist pistons that are on the MorRyde; lowering and lifting the OneStep is pretty easy. The stair width and the relatively deep landing on the top step of the OneStep are terrific.

We wouldn't want a MorRyde, and are glad we got our trailer before GD switched to using the MorRyde product.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Don't assume lack of interest!

I was interested to read your posts even though we have the Lippert OneStep that you (and we) like.

Like you, we don't think we need the assist pistons that are on the MorRyde; lowering and lifting the OneStep is pretty easy. The stair width and the relatively deep landing on the top step of the OneStep are terrific.

We wouldn't want a MorRyde, and are glad we got our trailer before GD switched to using the MorRyde product.
    Thanks Boyscout for the post. I was thinking my post was one that there was no interest in. Didn’t want to waste space. Expecting a reply soon from GD on why they didn’t use the wider door on the 2019. The available hand rail on the MorRyde is a nice option though.
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TexasUmpire I enjoyed your post and am looking forward to your conclusions from GD.