Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water Heater Issues

Our 2017 303rls Reflection water heater won't work on gas. We checked everything and had an rv tech check everything and they said probably bad circuit board. We replaced the cb and the water heater worked for 3 days then no go. Gas is getting through - we can light it manually but it won't stay lit. We sent the cb back and had another one sent. Same story - worked for 4 days then no go. We replaced the spark probe (an inexpensive part - worth a try) ...not the problem. Any thoughts? It's an Atwood.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, called GD and that was a major fail. Told the tech what was happening with the water heater and what we had tried and the response was " gee can"t help you- call Dometic, I guess , and see if they have any ideas". Yeah, thanks.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Calling Dometic is probably a good idea, they are the ones who made the water heater and would know better on the service end and what to check. Dometic service guys have been nothing but helpful when we have called them. After all, that is the company who made the WH, GD just installs them.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don't have a manual, you can download it at the link below from my web site.

http://nebula.wsimg.com/916337bc7ca8...&alloworigin=1

Also, look at the water heater drawing I created at the link below. There are some ECO switches that are very inexpensive to replace. I had one fail recently. P/N 91447.

http://nebula.wsimg.com/64e43b24c4a7...&alloworigin=1

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phylavery View Post
    Well, called GD and that was a major fail. Told the tech what was happening with the water heater and what we had tried and the response was " gee can"t help you- call Dometic, I guess , and see if they have any ideas". Yeah, thanks.
    As Whittleburner said call Dometic. One of the big problems many people have is looking at a camper as an auto. GD is a builder of homes on wheels not an auto. When you buy a house you wouldn’t call the general contractor/builder with a GE refrigerator issue asking for trouble shooting advice. You would contact GE or a refrigerator repair store....

YMMV
    Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm waiting for the repair shop to get mine in. Same thing -WH works on electric but not propane. No spark. Maybe it's the board. Hopefully it's that simple. Sucks though as the fridge is only 3 months old.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phylavery View Post
    Our 2017 303rls Reflection water heater won't work on gas. We checked everything and had an rv tech check everything and they said probably bad circuit board. We replaced the cb and the water heater worked for 3 days then no go. Gas is getting through - we can light it manually but it won't stay lit. We sent the cb back and had another one sent. Same story - worked for 4 days then no go. We replaced the spark probe (an inexpensive part - worth a try) ...not the problem. Any thoughts? It's an Atwood.
    I am having the exact same problem on my 312BHTS. I have an appointment scheduled next week for service.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my 18, 303. 3rd time out (vacation). On the second day no hot water.
    Mobile tech was called per Dometic. Bad control board and thermostat.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The folks from Keep Your DayDream the u tube travel channel had the same problem on their Reflection 2018 TT end of season 4 if I recall I think he changed the circuit board to a Attwood DEDennis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast