User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine 2800BH RV Cover.

What kind of cover are you using on your 2800BH? I don't have anyway to store mine inside, so I thought about getting a good cover for it. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Brian

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you'll find most owners don't cover their campers. There can be issues with the cover rubbing on the edges and the caulk.
    If you do want to cover it, be sure to get one that is sized correctly and has plenty of ventilation openings. You don't want to trap moisture under the cover.
    Also, get one with a door opening so you can access the camper during the winter.
    ADCO is a recognized brand.
    2018 Imagine 2800bh
    2018 Ram 2500
    6.4 heni

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the reply. Still trying to decide if I want one. My cousin had the roof of his camper destroyed from his cover is a bad storm. The cover ripped and came loose, then beat the crap out of the roof. Maybe I can find a decent deal on an RV carport.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a tarp cover over mine. They come in different sizes, mine is 12x30. To get the height, I used chain link fence top rail poles. They fit perfectly. Then just for added strength I used self-tapping screws to hold it all together, keeping them away from where tarp goes. Finally, I bought 1/8” cable with crimps and crimp tool to fasten the whole thing down. It works, if you don’t have a HOA to deal with! Here in FL I am lucky to get a year out of the tarp!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Page's Retreat View Post
    Thank you for the reply. Still trying to decide if I want one. My cousin had the roof of his camper destroyed from his cover is a bad storm. The cover ripped and came loose, then beat the crap out of the roof. Maybe I can find a decent deal on an RV carport.
    Page's Retreat - This post sums up the situation nicely. A torn and flapping cover or tarp (which usually happens at the height of the storm) will do far more damage than no cover at all. The roof membrane has a 12 year warranty. Stored inside is obviously best, but stored outside with no cover is the second best alternative (in my opinion).

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My brother covered his Imagine 2500 RL this last winter. I forget which brand cover he purchased but I'm sure it was a good one. Everything went well but he was afraid that the rain gutters were going to poke through. He will likely not cover it again.
    Also, he lives in an area where it's not prone to high winds.
    Everything I've read on this forum an another Mfgrs forum says, if you live in an area prone to high winds, don't even think about covering your camper, it will do more harm than good. If not, do whatever works for you.

If you do enough searching I think you'll find a couple things. Folks purchased a cover, used it one year and it will never see the light of day again. And as previously mentioned, most folks don't cover their camper.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can get some pretty good spring storms with some high winds. I'm sure it would be a pain to install and remove the cover when the camper is not going to be used.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A rain soaked cover is a real treat to remove, store or install. I live in the Great Northwet, I know of these things. No cover for the 315 for us.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I visited and RV storage yard on the west side of Phoenix with a friend last year. It was mid summer and temps were running around 115°F. There were over 300 units stored there, and not one of them was covered. I asked the manager about it, and he said that "quite a few owners have tried, and all of them give up. They rip and tear, they are hard to put on and take off, and they cause wear and tear on the RVs."

I tried one myself several years ago. It was a real pain to put on, and I nearly fell off the roof while trying. It tore within 30 days. It went in the dumpster 60 days later.

Jim

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe that will waste my time or money on one. Maybe I'll keep an eye out for a RV carport, or try and keep her lathered up with UV protection...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast