User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Getting a little OT, but I have to ask--why would you be nervous using this item? Have you used them (or a similar product) and had a bad experience? Please don't misunderstand--I am not being contentious or argumentative, I want to know the source of your misgivings in case I am overlooking something.

From my <limited> experience, the knob is easy to screw down tight and the pressure on the wheels seems very secure.
    People have posted that the forgot about having them in place and they pulled away from the site without any undue force required.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    People have posted that the forgot about having them in place and they pulled away from the site without any undue force required.
    I'm fairly confident my 6.7L diesel can rip them right off the trailer if I tried, just like I'm confident the diesel can overcome a normal chock, too, without any problem. Shoot, with all four tires on the TT locked I bet I can still drag my 315RLTS down the road with that diesel.

For the individuals that have swayed your opinion, I suggest the error in their ways is related to not following a checklist and failing to do a just-before-towing walkaround of the rig to double-check that they haven't forgotten anything. Not that I've ever forgotten anything <cough>.

To keep the rig from moving of it's own volition, my opinion is that the X chocks are doing a fine job. Keep in mind I have a whopping two camping trips under my belt.

I apologize to the OP for getting OT.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the x-chocks and they do a good job. BAL even tells you not to rely on them to keep a trailer from rolling, but I have forgotten to take them out already and the trailer wasn't going anywhere. They are all I use at campgrounds, but if on a slope I would use regular chocks to be safe.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Folks,
    Thanks for the info! I was using pieces of 4x4 post as blocks for the jack stands and thought since the jack stand bases hung over the sides of the 4x4’s that this was contributing t9 the instability. So I moved the 4x4 bloacks and extended the jack stands to the ground. Will get some bigger blocks to support the extended jack stands and see if that helps. Thanks for all of the help on this and the other topics.

Mark
    Mark & Diana
    2019 Solitude 377MBS
    2018 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins Turbo w/Aisin Transmission DRW
    B&W Companion Hitch

Previous Rig:
    2018 Reflection 312BHTS
    2014 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW
    Equalizer Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve got the x-chocks and our Imagine still bounces all over the place. Will have to try something different.
    Eric & Sandra
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK
    2000 Ford Excursion 7.3 Diesel 4x4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a combination of the X-Chocks and the steadyfast system on my Momentum. The x-Chocks alone didn't seem to make much of a difference. The steadyfast system removed about 90% of the movement I was feeling. I had JT Strongarms on my last rig and they worked well also, but a little more time consuming to setup and break down.
    John and Denise; Houma, LA
    2017 Momentum 395M
    2016 Chevrolet K3500 DRW Diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I've never used them, but I've heard people have had great success using x chocks to eliminate the rocking.

I took two tension rods and hung them above my shower and we hang towels or bathing suits on them to dry out, works well after the last person is done using the shower.

You should be able to remove your AC grill and clean off the filter. Make sure the unit is off so you aren't collecting dust without the filter in place.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    In addition to the stabilizer jacks on the corners and chocking the wheels, the metal X-chocks took care of the wobble issues in the two trailers I have owned, best to install after the tires have cooled down and contracted because they will loosen up if you put them on right after you arrive at camp.
    Steve & Cindy
    2018 Imagine 2250RK
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500 Duramax Denali

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coop59 View Post
    In addition to the stabilizer jacks on the corners and chocking the wheels, the metal X-chocks took care of the wobble issues in the two trailers I have owned, best to install after the tires have cooled down and contracted because they will loosen up if you put them on right after you arrive at camp.
    xs 2, We always snug up the x chock after a day. After that they hold well. We use a combo of X chocks, JT Strong arms and a tripod. It holds any motion to near nothing pretty darn good. If we are just over nighting we generally just rock and roll.

I wouldn't depend on anything that is not a true tire chock to keep the trailer from rolling. Flat land or not, 1st thing on arrival is to chock the trailer tires. Just because the land looks level does not mean it is.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still don't understand the x-chocks. When the ground control jacks level the trailer, our tires are completely off the ground. The trailer is only supported by the jacks. There is no weight on the tires. In fact they can be rotated freely.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    I still don't understand the x-chocks. When the ground control jacks level the trailer, our tires are completely off the ground. The trailer is only supported by the jacks. There is no weight on the tires. In fact they can be rotated freely.
    As Rob pointed out in an earlier post on this thread, the x-chocks are not to relieve the rocking motion sometimes felt in our rigs. They are chocks. Thus the name, "x-chock". Here's my TT all hunkered down in my backyard--secured in place with the Camco version of x-chocks. (Note that my driveway is level side-to-side, so no need for the Andersen Levelers at home.)

2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast