User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    As Rob pointed out in an earlier post on this thread, the x-chocks are not to relieve the rocking motion sometimes felt in our rigs. They are chocks. Thus the name, "x-chock". Here's my TT all hunkered down in my backyard--secured in place with the Camco version of x-chocks. (Note that my driveway is level side-to-side, so no need for the Andersen Levelers at home.)

Ok so it looks like for my situation where the trailer tires are off the ground when the unit is levelled, the x-chocks would serve no ourpose.

Getting back to the OP the ideal system would seem to be the Steadyarm or JT Strong-arm system, and perhaps a tripod up front under the king pin.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't done any studying on this but maybe a lot of it is how the scissor style stabilizer jacks work and to some extent the weight rating. They have like interlocking teeth at the bottom where they contact the ground that i have seen move, also our original ones I think are too week, too flimsy, a higher rated better, heaver, thicker metal made one might be better. They put the cheap thin metal ones on probably to reduce weight.

I look at the pictures of the reflection in this posting and they are the different style, like a single foot. They look like they may be a little better than the scissor type. I like the JT strong Arm type of reinforcement to the scissor style jack and like here, people say they are an good improvement. But they are proud of them. For now the DW and I just put up with it. Once we get our 5th wheel we will probably do something more about it.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://youtu.be/qlXsECP9_ok

This video tells you about x chocks, they are for stabilization - tire shifting front to back not side to side motion.
    That is why we use them along with the Strong arms.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We used x-chocks until we changed to Goodyear Endurance tires. With those we felt we were shaking more. So we removed them and don’t carry them in the trailer anymore. We do have JT Strongarms on the front (we don’t have auto leveling).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike & Debbie
    Hot Springs, Ar
    2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Short Bed Diesel
    B&W Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
    2014 Reflection 303 (#405)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lexx,

Sorry to side track here but I believe the manual says that the tires should not be lifted off the ground by using the leveling system. The leveling system is not designed to support the weight of the trailer. Maybe it's ok if it's only one side? I avoid having the system lift the tires off the ground.

I also use the Camco wheel locks. Got them for less than $25 at Menards. During extended stays, I also use my tripod for stabilization.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonl78 View Post
    Lexx,

Sorry to side track here but I believe the manual says that the tires should not be lifted off the ground by using the leveling system. The leveling system is not designed to support the weight of the trailer. Maybe it's ok if it's only one side? I avoid having the system lift the tires off the ground.

I also use the Camco wheel locks. Got them for less than $25 at Menards. During extended stays, I also use my tripod for stabilization.
    Oh boy. From what I can remember, every time we've used the auto-level no matter how level the pad, our wheels have been off the ground. So now when you say the wheels are supposed to maintain contact, I'm worried about what's going on.

That why I couldn't figure out why folks are saying the x-chocks work. I'm thinking how can they work at all when our wheels are off the ground?

I guess I will add this to our long laundry list of items for the dealer to look at when we bri git in in September.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Oh boy. From what I can remember, every time we've used the auto-level no matter how level the pad, our wheels have been off the ground. So now when you say the wheels are supposed to maintain contact, I'm worried about what's going on.

That why I couldn't figure out why folks are saying the x-chocks work. I'm thinking how can they work at all when our wheels are off the ground?

I guess I will add this to our long laundry list of items for the dealer to look at when we bri git in in September.
    Lexx,

You might want to level your unit manually with the Ground Control with the wheels on the ground with a bubble level in the freezer compartment. Once you have accomplished that you can reset your ground control. You need to look it up in your manual.

Here is a copy of our manual, look at page 7 "Zero Point Calibration".

Before you picked it up from the dealer someone probably set it and didn't know how to do it.

I have set mine a couple of times because I didn't get it right the first time and was still a little off. Mine doesn't lift the rig off the ground, it well but it well level without it.

ON EDIT: You can tell it was late when I posted as I forgot to post the link, sorry.

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/support/manuals/Ground-Control-3.0-Owner's-Manual.pdf
    Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2020 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2020 Red and Black Ram Rebel

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butch50 View Post
    Lexx,

You might want to level your unit manually with the Ground Control with the wheels on the ground with a bubble level in the freezer compartment. Once you have accomplished that you can reset your ground control. You need to look it up in your manual.

Here is a copy of our manual, look at page 7 "Zero Point Calibration".

Before you picked it up from the dealer someone probably set it and didn't know how to do it.

I have set mine a couple of times because I didn't get it right the first time and was still a little off. Mine doesn't lift the rig off the ground, it well but it well level without it.
    Thanks Butch!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wrote to Steadifast and asked if their stabilizers are compatible with my 315RLTS. Here's their response:

Hi Howard,

Yes it is. With that type of stabilizer <LCI Power Stabilizer Jack> you will not get quite as good movement reduction as you would with scissor jacks since the stabilizer actually flexes a bit. Should get 80-85% movement reduction. Please let me know if I can provide additional information.

Paul Hanscom
    Hanscom Enterprises LLC
    Office 866 498-8754
    Cell 661 496-4594
    www.steadyfast.com
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    I wrote to Steadifast and asked if their stabilizers are compatible with my 315RLTS. Here's their response:

Hi Howard,

Yes it is. With that type of stabilizer <LCI Power Stabilizer Jack> you will not get quite as good movement reduction as you would with scissor jacks since the stabilizer actually flexes a bit. Should get 80-85% movement reduction. Please let me know if I can provide additional information.

Paul Hanscom
    Hanscom Enterprises LLC
    Office 866 498-8754
    Cell 661 496-4594
    www.steadyfast.com
    I used the Steadyfast system on our first TT, an Open Range 303. Speaking to Paul, he stated the same thing he sent in the email. My experience was about 80% better. I replaced my rear jacks with scissor type and felt about a 95% difference. The Steadyfast was the second thing I ordered for our Momentum, right behind the Winegard Trav'ler satellite antenna (gotta have our priorities, Lol).
    John and Denise; Houma, LA
    2017 Momentum 395M
    2016 Chevrolet K3500 DRW Diesel

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123