User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auxillary tank/extended run for HF Predator 3500 inverter

Has anyone been able to mod/DIY an auxiliary tank for the Habor Freight predator 3500 inverter? I’m curious to know if the generic metal (Honda/champion/etc) generator gas caps on amazon will fit/thread. The pre-made kits on eBay/amazon are stupid expensive ripoff. All other parts hubby already picked up locally.

Fireside Member Captain America's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not know how the fuel system is configured on the Predator, but it is probably a gravity fed fuel system. With a gravity fed system the external fuel cell must be elevated higher than the carburetor. I have a pair of Champions 2000 watt gens that I wanted to run off an external fuel tank so I teed into the fuel line from tank to carb and added a quick disconnect.

You can either do the same or buy a fuel cap with nipple off eBay. The cap will be the easiest method. https://www.ebay.com/itm/PREDATOR-35...-/112504168879

I did not want to spend the money on two caps, so I teed into fuel line.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160918_172806.jpg   20160925_150920.jpg   20160918_174311.jpg   20161001_094144.jpg  
    2018 Refection 311BHS
    2018 Ram 3500

Jack of all trades, Master on none

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have two Honda 2000 generators. Have a marine tank. Caps on gens with quick connects and a fuel hose with a T to each gen, with quick connect to tank. The connection had a hose that extends into the tank. It lays flat on the ground and works perfectly. Is lower than the connection to the gens. Assumed there is s fuel pump in the gen that pumps it out. Works great...not gravity fed.
    Don and Anita
    Oklahoma
    2015 RAM 2500 Cummins Diesel Laramie Edition
    2017 Reflection 337
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch/B&W Companion...depending on weight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you tried this?

Quote Originally Posted by foreverclumsytx View Post
    Has anyone been able to mod/DIY an auxiliary tank for the Habor Freight predator 3500 inverter? I’m curious to know if the generic metal (Honda/champion/etc) generator gas caps on amazon will fit/thread. The pre-made kits on eBay/amazon are stupid expensive ripoff. All other parts hubby already picked up locally.
    Those kits are crazy expensive has any one tried this extended run tank kit for the predator 3500 https://superiorloopengineeringllc.c...rter-generator