User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just started our search

Hello, my wife and I are just starting our search for a toy hauler and are considering a 395m.

Joined to read up on the momentum and see if everyone is happy with the momentum if you own one.

Look forward to reading and visiting with everyone.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbackcaller View Post
    Hello, my wife and I are just starting our search for a toy hauler and are considering a 395m.

Joined to read up on the momentum and see if everyone is happy with the momentum if you own one.

Look forward to reading and visiting with everyone.
    Welcome! You're where I was about 8 months ago. I joined this forum back in December and just last week <finally> purchased a 315RLTS.

Based on a mistake I made with a truck purchase, may I make a suggestion? If you're not 100% sure you understand all the nuances of what it takes to tow a Momentum, read the post in the REFERENCE LIBRARY about using a Tow Capability Calculator. Here's a link: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ity-Calculator

If you want to push the "easy button", just post the truck you have (or are thinking about buying) and the gurus here will chime in. It's an often-discussed subject.

Again--welcome!
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard. Coming up on one year with our Momentum and are very pleased with our choice.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for your post. About 2 months ago i purchased a 2018 ram 3500 DRW longbed with the Aisin tranny and the factory air bags.

I punched rhe VIN # into the Ram website and it says I am rated to tow 30120. We knew we wanted a heavy 5th wheel. I am about 11 months out to retirement.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the life, well almost, 11 months, it's just around the corner.

You did good with the truck!

There are so many choices out there that it is tough to decide. I know lots of folks that tout certain features, all weather, size of heaters, size of A/C size of garage, etc. I told my wife that I had only one absolute requirement, a recliner just for me, my man space. Kids, grandkids, visitors, neighbors, I am good with all of them so long as I have my man space.

Everything else has been a compromise of some sort or other.

So if you have not made a final decision yet I would advise visiting as many RV shows as you can, keep a notebook with model number and prices and the things you liked and disliked. Then when you have decided on the specific model you want shop nationally. There are often differences between ordered units and in stock units. Find out the specifics. We bought our first 5th wheel from stock. The dealer gave us a great price because he wanted the 1.5 year old new unit off the lot. We didn't know bupkus, but the price was too good to pass up. We ordered our 376TH because we are now more educated on RV's and had some very specific requirements.

So welcome to the life and happy hunting!
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750