User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have any of you looked at the Comfort Ride system by Roadmaster? The way the use the slipper springs makes it "kinda like" an independent suspension system. I think adding shocks to the suspension on the trailers is one of the best improvements that can be made.

http://roadmasterinc.com/products/tr...fort_ride.html
    2016 F350 4X4 CC SB SRW 6.7 Powerstroke with OEM 5th Wheel and Gooseneck Prep Package
    Bakflip G2 Bed Cover
    Andersen Ultimate Aluminum Fifth Wheel Hitch
    2017 Reflection 337RLS

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
    They will re-install your brakes at your request.
    Thanks for the info- They will in fact do this, so I've decided to do the discs first and do the MorRyde later next year. Fits my budget better.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy82 View Post
    OK - so the quote for 3 axles with disc brakes is $9,630 all in. I can do just disc brakes myself for <$3,000. The question I have for those of you who have had this done, especially on 3 axle big rigs, is:

"is over $6,500 for the suspension REALLY worth it? Is the ride that much better? Does the rig handle that much better?"

Looking for honest opinions from those of you who have had it done.

Whether or not I do disc brakes is a moot point. I had them on my last fiver and I would not be without them. I'm specifically looking for input on the suspension component.
    When it comes to suspension you would be hard pressed to find a better system than the Roadmaster slipper springs with shock absorbers.
    I've had Morryde. Never again.
    I have Roadmaster now, and I will always have slipper springs. There are 14 moving parts in a tandem equalizer suspension system. There are only 4 moving parts in a slipper spring tandem system.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Peggy and Jamey Matheny
    2016 Grand Design Solitude 5th Wheel 369RL Serial #G1104808
    As of 19 April 2019, 792 nights and 23,887 trailer miles.
    2015 Ford F-250 4X4 Super Cab SRW 148" WB 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jamey,

Did you do the install yourself ? What was the cost ? Over 6 grand for the Mor Ryde is outrageous.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2825Matheny View Post
    When it comes to suspension you would be hard pressed to find a better system than the Roadmaster slipper springs with shock absorbers.
    I've had Morryde. Never again.
    I have Roadmaster now, and I will always have slipper springs. There are 14 moving parts in a tandem equalizer suspension system. There are only 4 moving parts in a slipper spring tandem system.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    To echo my response to your post in the other thread just now, you seem to be confusing the MOR/ryde independent suspension (being discussed here) with the 4000 system you had. In fact, it sounds like you have something of a MOR/ryde vendetta going on...

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might not be a vendetta maybe he just thinks MOR/ryde is over priced and the roadmaster is a better product. Hopefully we will get a little more info. I myself am curious about the roadmaster set up.

Brian

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, no confusion. And I will say MorRyde has great customer service.
    Just to refresh you on this thread, in the initial post, BigGuy82 asked for, "I'm specifically looking for input on the suspension component."
    And the subject of Roadmaster Comfort Ride Slipper Springs came up. Since I have first-hand experience with installing and using this system I then offered my input to provide "input on the suspension component".
    So, don't be a hater and start drawing conclusions without all the facts.
    I made my career being a Manufacturing Engineer. Day in and day out I was considering ROI's, Cost-Benefit Analysis, Analyzing MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure), Durability, FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis), Reliability, and Maintainability of major capital industrial equipment. So when it comes to the suspension on my trailer, I would obviously apply my skills to choose what I consider to be the best suspension for my trailer. After considering all of my options, including MorRyde IS, 3000, and 4000, I picked the Roadmaster System. It's tried and true, cost reasonable, and most of all due to its track record while being used on commercial trucks for many years, its MTBF record far exceeds anything I considered.
    So am I biased? You bet. I proved my analysis to be true for me.
    Do I have a vendetta? I do have an opinion, which we all have a right to have and, in my opinion, the technology of adhering an elastomer to metal is not adequately durable enough to be used in the suspension of a 5th wheel trailer. i.e. most of the MorRyde products.
    So when anyone is considering an upgrade to their suspension on their 5th trailer I do believe that they should strongly consider the Roadmaster Comfort Ride Slipper Spring system with shock absorbers.
    And if anyone finds anything that is superior and as cost-effective as this, then I would welcome their input without being a hater.
    For those considering the Roadmaster system, here is a link to my Google Drive Folder that has photos, PDF's, and documents about my suspension system.
    If there are any questions, I would be happy to help fellow RV'ers.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Cv2G5MF6IZDWZ3_gBfldYDkboF_CE8hh

And in closing, thank you for your service.
    Peggy and Jamey Matheny
    2016 Grand Design Solitude 5th Wheel 369RL Serial #G1104808
    As of 19 April 2019, 792 nights and 23,887 trailer miles.
    2015 Ford F-250 4X4 Super Cab SRW 148" WB 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2825Matheny View Post
    {From post #23 } I've had Morryde. Never again.

{From post 27} After considering all of my options, including MorRyde IS, 3000, and 4000, I picked the Roadmaster System.
    By no means am I being argumentative--just trying to understand what appears to be contradictory. Did you actually install and use a MorRyde system as suggested in post 23? If so, what drove that initial decision to go with a MorRyde and then what happened that drove yet another change to the Roadmaster System as documented in post 27?

I watched a YouTube video where "Josh the RV Nerd" compares a torsion suspension to the spring suspension. When you did your research was there a torsion option for your Solitude? (Apparently the torsion suspension is standard on a Rockwood and Airstream?)

Appreciate the discussion--at some point I will upgrade the stock suspension on my 315RLTS.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are three threads going on this topic. This one here (started 23 Jul),

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...yde-Suspension (3 Dec)

and

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...Ryde-equalizer (12 Dec)

How about we stick to the latest thread so we don't repeat posts over several different threads. I'm going to close this one. and the 3 Dec thread.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...forgot to close it...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123