User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The cost/value of MorRyde

OK - so the quote for 3 axles with disc brakes is $9,630 all in. I can do just disc brakes myself for <$3,000. The question I have for those of you who have had this done, especially on 3 axle big rigs, is:

"is over $6,500 for the suspension REALLY worth it? Is the ride that much better? Does the rig handle that much better?"

Looking for honest opinions from those of you who have had it done.

Whether or not I do disc brakes is a moot point. I had them on my last fiver and I would not be without them. I'm specifically looking for input on the suspension component.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t have the Mor Ryde but have heard good things about that suspension system. But thats a lot of coin. Are you having issues with your current suspension thats pointing you towards the Mor Ryde?
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell no. Zero chance I'm putting another 10k into a 70k RV I don't even ride in.

I don't notice much if any difference between my momentum and the drv mobile suites we had when towing. We are pin heavy though as we don't have the happy Jack nor are we putting toys in the back that would tip the scales that way.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Don’t have the Mor Ryde but have heard good things about that suspension system. But thats a lot of coin. Are you having issues with your current suspension thats pointing you towards the Mor Ryde?
    Nope, other than the clothes in the closets always wind up in the floor (solved that with some hanger mods). However, my GoldWing did get bounced around pretty good in the garage even though we started out tied down tight. I have to check the straps every few hundred miles. Also, I'm not terribly trusting of the 7K axles that GD chose to put on this beast - should have been 8 - penny wise pound foolish. My conundrum is either put 3K in for discs and forget about the MorRyde and maybe regret it later or take the plunge.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given what you said and with that MC in the back, I think I’d go ahead with the upgrade. And I think that all of the GD’s come with a suspension that just meets the weight of the box that is screwed to it.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can tell you this, I have a two axle Momentum 385TH. It came with 8k axles and the ride quality for the two bikes was less than stellar (at one point we broke a tie down on a bump). After installing the IS, I don't even check the straps after the first stop anymore, the ride quality is 100% better than traditional suspension.

Big Mike

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TH Bikes2.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	14094
    Mike and Mary Beth, Hopatcong, NJ
    2015 Momentum 385th with MorRyde Independent Suspension and Disc Brakes
    2014 Dodge Dually
    2014 Harley Ultra Limited (Big Mike's)
    2015 Indian Chieftain (Mary Beth's)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though we don't have a toy hauler, I wouldn't be without the suspension upgrade. If you are undecided, look at the suspension from underneath your unit and compare it to a unit with I/S from Mor Ryde. The obvious difference in structural integrity will sell itself.

Gordo Fuchs
    Gordo Fuchs
    Northfield, Ohio 44067
    2015 305RE Moryde I/S, Electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
    I can tell you this, I have a two axle Momentum 385TH. It came with 8k axles and the ride quality for the two bikes was less than stellar (at one point we broke a tie down on a bump). After installing the IS, I don't even check the straps after the first stop anymore, the ride quality is 100% better than traditional suspension.

Big Mike

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TH Bikes2.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	14094
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Too bad the MorRyde isn't available as a factory option.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy82 View Post
    Also, I'm not terribly trusting of the 7K axles that GD chose to put on this beast - should have been 8 - penny wise pound foolish.
    I see this comment every once in a while and I must be missing something. Unless your grossly overloaded you should never be anywhere near the capacity of those 7K axles. Not trying to be smart, I truly don't understand.

Edit: I really like the MorRyde. I think they will be in my future. Just a much more robust system regardless of the ratings. Keep in mind they do add significant weight to the unit lowering the carrying capacity if you want to stay under the rating. If I remember right it was about 500 lbs on a double axle
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    I see this comment every once in a while and I must be missing something. Unless your grossly overloaded you should never be anywhere near the capacity of those 7K axles. Not trying to be smart, I truly don't understand.

Edit: I really like the MorRyde. I think they will be in my future. Just a much more robust system regardless of the ratings. Keep in mind they do add significant weight to the unit lowering the carrying capacity if you want to stay under the rating. If I remember right it was about 500 lbs on a double axle
    Well, if the trailer is rated at 20K max and the three axles are rated in total at 21K, that's not what I call a significant safety margin, especially with the continually deteriorating roads we are dealing with. My lifetime motto is "go big or go home".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast