User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Level up Auto Hitch Recognition

The Level up system 6 point system on my “new to me” 369RL is a new experience for me. During the PDI it was explained to me that the system would return to the exact height it was when unhooked from the TV prior to starting the auto level process. This is supposed to happen by pressing the left and right buttons at the same time. When i do that, it always goes to a position a couple of inches higher than where I unhooked from it. This requires me to manually lower the frout jacks to a height that will allow me to hook back up to my fifth wheel. I’m sure I’m doing something wrong. Andy idea?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 310GK did that the first couple of times I used that feature. I don't even try anymore, just raise or lower it to where it should be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KAKSMAK View Post
    The Level up system 6 point system on my “new to me” 369RL is a new experience for me. During the PDI it was explained to me that the system would return to the exact height it was when unhooked from the TV prior to starting the auto level process. This is supposed to happen by pressing the left and right buttons at the same time. When i do that, it always goes to a position a couple of inches higher than where I unhooked from it. This requires me to manually lower the frout jacks to a height that will allow me to hook back up to my fifth wheel. I’m sure I’m doing something wrong. Andy idea?
    When I disconnect, I drop the front jacks using the Drop Front Jacks function. This grounds the jacks, but doesn't raise the capture plate off the hitch. I then manually drop them enough to raise the capture plate off the hitch an eighth of an inch or so ( ie, truck unloaded). When I re-hitch I use the hitch recognition function, which raises the rear jacks and drops the front jacks. This leaves the capture plate higher than the hitch plate, which is where it was when I disconnected. I get the truck positioned for hitching, and then retract the front jacks manually enough to drop the leading edge of the capture plate to be just above the trailing edge of the hitch plate. Now when I back into the king pin, the capture plate rides up the hitch plate and the jaws lock around the king pin.
    Barb and Blair, retired and loving it
    2017 F250 Lariat Super Cab, Short bed, 4x4, diesel, Tow Technology Bundle, Pullrite 16K Autoslide
    2017 Reflection 307MKS, 3/17 Build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 4 point electric system so it may not operate like yours. But....my understanding is the auto-reconnect system returns the hitch height to where it was when the Auto Level button was pressed so the key is to not touch any buttons on the control panel after you raise the RV high enough to drive the truck away.

This is what I do:
    When I get to our site, I manually lower the front legs, disconnect the hitch and drive the truck forward. I then press the Auto Level button. When we're ready to leave, I select "auto-reconnect" from the menu. This will raise the rear legs and then adjust the height of the front legs to the correct height for the hitch.

There may be other ways to auto reconnect but this is the way I do it and it has worked for me every time.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The auto reconnect just puts the pin at the height you drove out from under. You should always lower the pin below where it was when you unhooked before trying to hook back up. Not doing so will never hook back up, or worse, high hook. The pin should ride up the hitch plate a bit which is lower than when you unhooked. All this feature does is allow you do be doing other things and getting you close to where you need to be. Hooking up is always lower than unhooking. Hope this makes sense to you. I love this feature, one button press raises the rear jacks and gets everything in place for me to dial in my hookup. Only have to lower a couple inches once the truck is backed up close. It's worked every time for me...
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapid1 View Post
    All this feature does is allow you do be doing other things and getting you close to where you need to be. Hooking up is always lower than unhooking.
    My hitch must operate differently than yours. Hooking up and unhooking are the same height for me and the auto-reconnect sets the height exactly where I left it before auto leveling.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    My hitch must operate differently than yours. Hooking up and unhooking are the same height for me and the auto-reconnect sets the height exactly where I left it before auto leveling.
    Brian- how are you getting the camper to the disconnect height- manually or with the Drop Front Jacks function? When you drive the truck away, is the weight of the camper completely off the hitch?
    Barb and Blair, retired and loving it
    2017 F250 Lariat Super Cab, Short bed, 4x4, diesel, Tow Technology Bundle, Pullrite 16K Autoslide
    2017 Reflection 307MKS, 3/17 Build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    I guess I should have added for conventional plate hitches. Not familiar with yours but seems like a ball hitch wouldn't need to be lowered either.

I have the same setup as cmillbl, and do exactly as he does. You guys posted while I was writing I guess...
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmillsbl View Post
    Brian- how are you getting the camper to the disconnect height- manually or with the Drop Front Jacks function? When you drive the truck away, is the weight of the camper completely off the hitch?
    I manually lower the front legs to disconnect. And yes, when I drive away the weight is off the hitch completely. I have a Hensley BD3 air hitch so it's easy to tell when the weight has been lifted off the hitch.
    Brian & Kellie

Previous setups:

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapid1 View Post
    The auto reconnect just puts the pin at the height you drove out from under. You should always lower the pin below where it was when you unhooked before trying to hook back up. Not doing so will never hook back up, or worse, high hook. The pin should ride up the hitch plate a bit which is lower than when you unhooked. All this feature does is allow you do be doing other things and getting you close to where you need to be. Hooking up is always lower than unhooking. Hope this makes sense to you. I love this feature, one button press raises the rear jacks and gets everything in place for me to dial in my hookup. Only have to lower a couple inches once the truck is backed up close. It's worked every time for me...
    This pretty well describes the process I go thru when hooking back up. Like I mentioned, I always have to lower the front a couple of inches or so to make it work. It’s not the end of the world but disappointing in that it doesn’t work like I was told. Too good to be true, rings in my head...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast