User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always make manual adjustments after using Auto Level to tighten things up a bit so my Auto Return feature doesn't work. I just us a dowel with hitch height mark on it. I lean it against the pin box and adjust 'til mark lines up for proper height. Works every time.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife follows the directions on the sticker located near the leveling system's control panel and Auto Hitch Recognition has worked for us every time but twice. One time the site was gravel and I spun the rear wheels backing up under the hitch and dug a couple of holes which lowered the back of the truck enough to prevent successful hookup. The other time was when the front of the RV was lower than level and the front had to go up to start leveling. From the user manual:"NOTE: In order for hitch recognition feature to function, the auto level sequence MUST be started with the front of the unit above level."
    In the last two years, we have unhitched and rehitched 50+ times and had just the two aforementioned glitches.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbeard View Post
    My wife follows the directions on the sticker located near the leveling system's control panel and Auto Hitch Recognition has worked for us every time but twice. One time the site was gravel and I spun the rear wheels backing up under the hitch and dug a couple of holes which lowered the back of the truck enough to prevent successful hookup. The other time was when the front of the RV was lower than level and the front had to go up to start leveling. From the user manual:"NOTE: In order for hitch recognition feature to function, the auto level sequence MUST be started with the front of the unit above level."
    In the last two years, we have unhitched and rehitched 50+ times and had just the two aforementioned glitches.

It could be that the front is not above level but I don’t think so. Never checked it with a level, but it sure looks like it is. I’ve unhooked and hooked back up to the unit a dozen times following the directions on the sticker and it has never worked like it should. You would think that at least once it would have been above level and worked properly.

At any rate, like I said above, it’s not the end of the world and I do appreciate everyone responding to my question.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first thing I do when I get to a site (before dropping the front landing gear), is open the door and power up (turn on) the LevelUp system. Then I manually scroll (3 or 4? steps) down the menu and see what the system says is the tilt left-right and then front-rear. This tells me if I need to block up one side and how close to level it is front to rear. Once I unhook, and pull the truck out, I manually lower the front about 1 to 1-1/2" (by eye ball), then hit "auto Level". I have just started using the "return to hitch height" (push left & right buttons at the same time - after raising the rear & middle stabilizer jacks). It has worked for me every time and returns to the "slightly below unhitch height" that it was at when I first hit Auto Level.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    The first thing I do when I get to a site (before dropping the front landing gear), is open the door and power up (turn on) the LevelUp system. Then I manually scroll (3 or 4? steps) down the menu and see what the system says is the tilt left-right and then front-rear. This tells me if I need to block up one side and how close to level it is front to rear. Once I unhook, and pull the truck out, I manually lower the front about 1 to 1-1/2" (by eye ball), then hit "auto Level". I have just started using the "return to hitch height" (push left & right buttons at the same time - after raising the rear & middle stabilizer jacks). It has worked for me every time and returns to the "slightly below unhitch height" that it was at when I first hit Auto Level.

Chris

Thanks Chris. This makes a lot of sense, I will give it a try.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KAKSMAK View Post
    Thanks Chris. This makes a lot of sense, I will give it a try.
    One caveat, as others have said, the nose must be high (even +0.1 deg is fine) BEFORE you hit Auto Level. The first thing the Auto Level does is lower the nose. I think it is looking for the trailer to go from nose high to nose low. If the nose does not start above level, it never sees the "pass through level" state and the Auto Level will fail.

You can turn the Level Up system on/off (from the control panel) as much as you like and it will remember the height when Auto Level was last used. However, if you loose battery power, it will not remember the setting.

Good luck

Chris

PS One thing I would suggest is the first few time you run auto level is to check the results with a good level in the trailer. I check the floor near the refrigerator. It should be very close. If not, there are instructions for LCI on how to reset (rezero) the Auto Level system. Mine worked very well from the start. I plan to check it yearly as part of my annual maintenance checks. Sorry, getting away from the original "return to hook up height" question.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can turn the Level Up system on/off (from the control panel) as much as you like and it will remember the height when Auto Level was last used. However, if you loose battery power, it will not remember the setting.
    I removed my battery for the winter and was little worried that would not "remember", put the battery back in in the spring, hit reconnect it worked / hit auto level and that worked as well. . . . .
    Joe & Dee
    Ontario, Ohio
    2018 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Duramax Crew Cab SRW Short Bed Payload 3523#
    2019 Reflection 337RLS bought February 2019 Dry Pin Weight = 2,320#, UVW = 11,100#
    Hitch - PullRite Super Glide 2700 - 16K
    Bed Cover - Roll-N-Lock
    TPMS - Tire Tracker TT-500 (non flow thru)
    Rear Observation Camera - Rear View Safety model RVS-155W-FB (2400-2500MHZ)

2017 303RLS bought April 2017 / Traded February 2019

Map represents States visited with our 303RLS /337RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The system will keep it's calibration (zero level) without power (a battery), but it will loose the "last unhitch" height without power.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The system will keep it's calibration (zero level) without power (a battery), but it will loose the "last unhitch" height without power.

Chris
    Now you've got me wondering, I put the battery in back in March, I do remember the weather was terrible and I was in a hurry, add to that I suffer from CRS. . . . I'll pay a little closer attention next time. . . . . thanks for the correction. . . .
    Joe & Dee
    Ontario, Ohio
    2018 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Duramax Crew Cab SRW Short Bed Payload 3523#
    2019 Reflection 337RLS bought February 2019 Dry Pin Weight = 2,320#, UVW = 11,100#
    Hitch - PullRite Super Glide 2700 - 16K
    Bed Cover - Roll-N-Lock
    TPMS - Tire Tracker TT-500 (non flow thru)
    Rear Observation Camera - Rear View Safety model RVS-155W-FB (2400-2500MHZ)

2017 303RLS bought April 2017 / Traded February 2019

Map represents States visited with our 303RLS /337RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KAKSMAK View Post
    The Level up system 6 point system on my “new to me” 369RL is a new experience for me. During the PDI it was explained to me that the system would return to the exact height it was when unhooked from the TV prior to starting the auto level process. This is supposed to happen by pressing the left and right buttons at the same time. When i do that, it always goes to a position a couple of inches higher than where I unhooked from it. This requires me to manually lower the frout jacks to a height that will allow me to hook back up to my fifth wheel. I’m sure I’m doing something wrong. Andy idea?
    This is exactly how mine works. I just get in the habit of lowering the front legs a couple inches before I back up to hitch
    John & Joanne
    2018 Solitude 374TH
    2018 GMC 3500HD Duramax CC DRW
    2001 Harley Ultra Classic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12