User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Front A/C leaks water out of O/H light

Past weekend the front A/C began leaking water out of the ceiling light. Of course didnt know it till bedtime with soaked spread sheets mattress. Fun times Two questions - (1) does the A/C have a drain line to the roof top which might be stopped up or does it just run on roof (2) What is the ceiling insulation material? I don't want mold and mildew in the ceiling insulation. OK maybe three questions... Where else may the leak be coming from?
    Thanks,
    Ed
    Eddie, Cindy, n Maddie (our fearless Yorkie)
    2012 F-350 LWB 4x4 6.7 SRW C-cab with B&W Turnover + Companion pulling a 2017 307MKS Reflection

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like the ac roof gasket might be your culprit if its coming from outside, but wait, theres more......The ac drains right onto the roof, however a common issue is that the plenum divider works it's way loose and allows cool air to mix with warm and causes condensation to fall off of the coil and into the room. Because the front ac tilts down on a 5th wheel, it could certainly cling to something and then run under and out somewhere else.
    The insulation is fiberglass batts.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Andrew in the Burgh
    2015 Reflection 317RST...Auction Rebuild

See Thread Here:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...795#post145795

2016 F350 CCLB DRW 6.7

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our front air wasn't ratcheted down enough. We had a small leak of clean water, so was condensation making its way back inside as opposed to running if the roof.

When I took the shroud down inside I noticed one of the four bolts wasn't as tight so I got my drill out and set the clutch to three and ratcheted it down. Proceed to tighten the others as well since that made them a tiny bit looser.

No issues after that.

As mentored above, also great advice, double check the baffles.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Our front air wasn't ratcheted down enough. We had a small leak of clean water, so was condensation making its way back inside as opposed to running if the roof.

When I took the shroud down inside I noticed one of the four bolts wasn't as tight so I got my drill out and set the clutch to three and ratcheted it down. Proceed to tighten the others as well since that made them a tiny bit looser.

No issues after that.

As mentored above, also great advice, double check the baffles.
    Clutch set to 3,what about the torque.? thanks

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpypapa View Post
    Clutch set to 3,what about the torque.? thanks
    Each brand has a set torque value. It is included with the installation manual which should be in your owner's documents. If you can't find it, let me know what brand/model of AC you have and I can give you the numbers.

Jim

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Each brand has a set torque value. It is included with the installation manual which should be in your owner's documents. If you can't find it, let me know what brand/model of AC you have and I can give you the numbers.

Jim
    Okay,thank you,the unit is in storage at the moment,i found two loose nuts on the air cond in the fall when I was looking for the leak,but,i am not confident the leak was fixed for good,the other two nuts were tight.It has been freezing temps since.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpypapa View Post
    Okay,thank you,the unit is in storage at the moment,i found two loose nuts on the air cond in the fall when I was looking for the leak,but,i am not confident the leak was fixed for good,the other two nuts were tight.It has been freezing temps since.
    it is a reflection 303 rls ,2016. 5th wheel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post

Jim
    Hi Jim,it is a domentic a/c model b59516.xx1jo,nothing with the insallation manual,would you know the numbers,thanks.
    Brian

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry,"dometic"