Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I had 3 GD techs here yesterday. Showed them the flexing on the lower side of the kitchen wall by the door when the slide is put into motion. All 3 agreed that it is ok. After they watched from all angles while moving the slide and talking with a fourth tech that arrived. It is how they are manufactured and the small part of the wall between the slide and the door is all that is available for mounting. After this and a while of discussing we all agreed that there is only so much mounting ability in that area. They also said it is common across all lines with similar areas. I think it would be good as owners for us to keep track of these to watch for any future changes or problems.
    This may not be a great answer or solving of the issue but the best I got.
    Hope this helps.

Brian

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brian, thanks for the assistance on this. I can understand the flexing in the wall but I dont know if this is the same as the base of my wall moving in and out at least a 1/4 inch when the slide moves as seen in the video link. Yes will be keeping an eye on this .

Thanks Rob

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I normally dont post to forums but this time I will as we have had issues with this slide from day one. Our unit has been in the repair shop more time than on the road. The slide issue was a very erratic operation of the slide going out and retracting so much so that it shakes the interior wall violently that is has broken welds in the wall. The wall was dismantled and repaired but the slide issue remains just as bad as before, even after numerous attempts and "fixes". We have only been able to use our trailer for about 6 weeks the entire season. The trailer is still at the dealer's GD is "working on it" but here we sit still making payments.

2018 Reflection 29rs

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by motcrew23 View Post
    I normally dont post to forums but this time I will as we have had issues with this slide from day one. Our unit has been in the repair shop more time than on the road. The slide issue was a very erratic operation of the slide going out and retracting so much so that it shakes the interior wall violently that is has broken welds in the wall. The wall was dismantled and repaired but the slide issue remains just as bad as before, even after numerous attempts and "fixes". We have only been able to use our trailer for about 6 weeks the entire season. The trailer is still at the dealer's GD is "working on it" but here we sit still making payments.

2018 Reflection 29rs
    This is good to know, from what I have read most units with the schwintech slide mechanism on the kitchen slideout of our 29RS units are experiencing some movement in the wall which GD has explained as normal? I notice that our unit had some movement about halfway up the wall from day one and questioned the delaer on this with the same answer as GD, normal.
    Only recently the bottom lower corner of the wall has noticable movement and this has also been seen on similiar units. DeWayne at GD did advise that a dealer should look at the lower wall movement but to date I have not taken it in, possibly in the spring or I will remove the outdoor skirting and install a lag bolt myself, this is the repair that was reccommended by DeWayne.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an add on here. I am scheduled to have the lower seal on the bedroom slide replaced at the factory in May of next year.
    I think I will revisit this issue with the factory service when there to see if I can get any other response.
    Now all I have to do is remember.

Thanks for further info on this as it reminds me to keep an eye on this issue.

Brian

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    46 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by motcrew23 View Post

2018 Reflection 29rs
    Can you tell me which slide you are having this issue with? Bedroom, living room, etc. The exact location of the slide on the coach (front, mid, rear) and also where is your unit currently? What dealer... state, etc.

thank you!

Emily

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    Just an add on here. I am scheduled to have the lower seal on the bedroom slide replaced at the factory in May of next year.
    I think I will revisit this issue with the factory service when there to see if I can get any other response.
    Now all I have to do is remember.

Thanks for further info on this as it reminds me to keep an eye on this issue.

Brian
    Brian, I am also curious so I will look for your update. Also I had requested information on how they attach the sidewall to the floor structure but have never seen any response from GD , if anyone knows this answer would be happy to hear,

Rob

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob

I think we all should stay on top of this with GD. Maybe if they get enough pressure they will look at it a come up with a fix.

Brian

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EStahley View Post
    Can you tell me which slide you are having this issue with? Bedroom, living room, etc. The exact location of the slide on the coach (front, mid, rear) and also where is your unit currently? What dealer... state, etc.

thank you!

Emily
    Emily

The slide in question is the kitchen slide between the door and the slide. It is a very short distance.

Thanks
    Brian

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Emily your were asking motcrew23.

Brian

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast