Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    46 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob.bunnett View Post
    Brian, I am also curious so I will look for your update. Also I had requested information on how they attach the sidewall to the floor structure but have never seen any response from GD , if anyone knows this answer would be happy to hear,

Rob
    Hi Rob!

I am sorry if I missed a tag to give you this info.

Our floor is secured to the chassis outriggers. Then there is am aluminum caging for structure that the walls attach to. The floor and wall come together by running long screws through the floor in to the wall tubes that have wood stuffed in them for backer so they hold. This is a pretty brief explanation, but I think it gets the point across!

Thanks!

Emily

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emily, the slide in question is the kitchen slide. It moves so bad and erraticly that we fear for more wall damage. I have been out one weekend in April, one weekend in May, tow weeks in June, 10 days in July, three weeks in Sept. The rest of this year it has spent at the dealers rying to get repaired. The interior wall above the kitchen and entertainment center has been removed and welds repaired in the wall. What next???? the dealer is Bretz RV in Nampa Idaho. They have been great but it is getting more frustrating as we cant use the unit as is....

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emily, dont know if you saw the above post, but it appears to be posted.

Motcrew23

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well here we go again, no response from anyone re the slide issue on our 29RS. even Emily hasnt responded. I understand she is busy, but no response at all?? Oh well. Here is an update on our issue with the slide, the dealer requested another slide kit from GD and received rails and rollers and that was it. The dealer installed the said part for the third time and after two slide operations the gearing jumped the rail and moved a bunch of teeth off and the slide is now so out of alignment that the top is 4 inches out and the bottom is tight to the sidewall. GD says that is impossible that the slide cant do that but the dealer has sent them videos with audio of the issue happening in real time. So now we sit here with no trailer, best part of the season gone, and our unit is still in the shop. 6 months old and the trailer has been out for less than 6 weeks. So frustrated that for all the money spent we cant use the unit at all. It sits while Dealer and GD play phone tag, maybe they are trying to resolve this but no one is telling us very much. We dont know where we stand.

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    46 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by motcrew23 View Post
    Well here we go again, no response from anyone re the slide issue on our 29RS. even Emily hasnt responded. I understand she is busy, but no response at all?? Oh well. Here is an update on our issue with the slide, the dealer requested another slide kit from GD and received rails and rollers and that was it. The dealer installed the said part for the third time and after two slide operations the gearing jumped the rail and moved a bunch of teeth off and the slide is now so out of alignment that the top is 4 inches out and the bottom is tight to the sidewall. GD says that is impossible that the slide cant do that but the dealer has sent them videos with audio of the issue happening in real time. So now we sit here with no trailer, best part of the season gone, and our unit is still in the shop. 6 months old and the trailer has been out for less than 6 weeks. So frustrated that for all the money spent we cant use the unit at all. It sits while Dealer and GD play phone tag, maybe they are trying to resolve this but no one is telling us very much. We dont know where we stand.
    I am sorry! I thought for sure I replied to this!

OK can you please provide me your VIN? You can message it to me. I looked in my messages and do not see anything in there, so please if you sent it already.... I am not sure what happened to it. I will also need all of your contact info including email. If there are videos we will want to see those so we will need that email address.

Thank you!

Emily

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    46 Thread(s)
    I am almost positive I know what is happening.... so PLEASE get that info to me asap!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still following this, any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Brian

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To all who were following this saga I am happy to report that the issue is resolved. Let start by saying hats off to GD and Brad Smith, and Emily for their help. The problem appeared to be that at the factory when the original rack assembly was installed, there were clips that needed to be installed at the gear box assemblies that keeps the gears and rails in alignment. The mobile service tech that GD sent knew exactly what the problem was and installed a whole new slide rack assembly in under two hours and was gone.
    Slide now works as it was designed.

Lesson learned, do your research and stay up on repairs. Dont let a dealer tell you that wall shaking and jerky movement of a slide is "normal". Our Dealer knew it wasnt normal and stayed right with us throughout all the "fixes". Again thanks to GD and Brad Smith for staanding behind their product and ensuring that customer service was first on thiee minds...

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the update. My trailer goes back to GD in the spring for service and I will have them look at this as well as my other fixes.

Brian

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    46 Thread(s)
    To all who were following this saga I am happy to report that the issue is resolved. Let start by saying hats off to GD and Brad Smith, and Emily for their help. The problem appeared to be that at the factory when the original rack assembly was installed, there were clips that needed to be installed at the gear box assemblies that keeps the gears and rails in alignment. The mobile service tech that GD sent knew exactly what the problem was and installed a whole new slide rack assembly in under two hours and was gone.
    Slide now works as it was designed.

Lesson learned, do your research and stay up on repairs. Dont let a dealer tell you that wall shaking and jerky movement of a slide is "normal". Our Dealer knew it wasnt normal and stayed right with us throughout all the "fixes". Again thanks to GD and Brad Smith for staanding behind their product and ensuring that customer service was first on thiee minds...
    Happy our team was able to get you taken care of! Happy Camping and be safe!

Emily

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast