Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2017 29RS Wall/Slide issue

29RS Wall/Slide Issue?
    Whenever the kitchen slide moves in and out the lower corner of the wall between the slide and door moves approx 1/4 inch on first movement of the slide, the movement is only at the lower right wall corner next to the slide and black tray. I have lubricated the schwintek components as per Lci maintenance video with no change. I have also witnessed this in another 29RS model and another member has replied they have the same movement on there unit. Contacted Grand Design and they have advised a dealer to look at this but wondering if this is a bigger issue as seen on multiple units. I have attached a video link for location reference, water stain in picture is from previous/ongoing leak that I feel may be associated this issue, silicone was dealer installed to prevent water intrusion but did not work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/brtynaryly...74656.mp4?dl=0

Thanks Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails InkedWAll_LI.jpg  

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My slides don’t move walls at all.

It appears that the wall has lost its adhesives to the floor structure, and or the slide track screws broke off.
    Send video to GD customer services.
    2016 Ram 3500 SWD 3:73 Turbo Diesel 6'4"" box
    OEM puck Pro 16K
    2021 Reflection 311BHS
    Previous:
    2017 Reflection 29RS
    Reese Sidewinder Hitch
    Platte Lake MN.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The video was sent to GD and also Emily, I have questioned GD on there method of fastening the wall structure to the floor in this area but have not received a clear answer other than have a dealer look at it, which will require removal of the outside lower metal skirt to access the wall and asses. They have indicated a lag screw may be required?????
    I an no expert on trailer manufacturing but the schwintek slide system puts alot of stress on the vertical slide rail and wall as seen in the video, so I would have thought structurally there would have been some heavy duty hardware.

Rob

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pnoetzel View Post
    My slides don’t move walls at all.

It appears that the wall has lost its adhesives to the floor structure, and or the slide track screws broke off.
    Send video to GD customer services.

Moderator Note: Rob has posted this in the Tech Corner of the forum which is designed to provide direct communication with Grand Design. Emily Stahley is the Director of Social Media for GDRV and monitors this site closely. She is right on top of posts in this section, but may elect to discuss it with the factory service team before posting her response.

Jim

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    46 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob.bunnett View Post
    29RS Wall/Slide Issue?
    Whenever the kitchen slide moves in and out the lower corner of the wall between the slide and door moves approx 1/4 inch on first movement of the slide, the movement is only at the lower right wall corner next to the slide and black tray. I have lubricated the schwintek components as per Lci maintenance video with no change. I have also witnessed this in another 29RS model and another member has replied they have the same movement on there unit. Contacted Grand Design and they have advised a dealer to look at this but wondering if this is a bigger issue as seen on multiple units. I have attached a video link for location reference, water stain in picture is from previous/ongoing leak that I feel may be associated this issue, silicone was dealer installed to prevent water intrusion but did not work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/brtynaryly...74656.mp4?dl=0

Thanks Rob
    Good morning Rob

I am sorry for the delay. I have been out due to my husband having surgery. Were you able to send our team this video and have them review it?

Thank you

Emily

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emily, hope all is well. The video was originally sent to DeWayne at GD and he advised taking it to a dealer to have it looked at. A GD dealer has agreed to look at it in late October due to the fact the unit was not purchased through them, purchasing dealer is to far away and they could never resolve water leaks in the same wall area. I had requested information from DeWayne on how the wall was originally connected to the floor but never received an answer, this would allow me to confirm any repair was done properly.
    Since sending him the video my Brother In Laws 29RS has similar wall movement so I had posted here to see if other members had the same issue, at least one other has confirmed the same.
    I would appreciate any feedback that you can provide from the factory .
    Thanks

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob

Wondering if you got any info on this yet?

Brian

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brian , never heard anything further than Emily"s response above. If you are attending the Rally hopefully GD can provide you with some feedback.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like they dropped the ball.
    I will be at the rally and I have notes on this, hopefully I can get results.
    Will keep you posted with what I find out.

Brian

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. When we bought the trailer in 2017 we had a few warranty issues that the dealer was very slow responding to and GD were great when contacted directly and made things happen. In the meantime looking forward to our next camping at the end of August as well.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast