User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody Else Into Jeeping?

We are kinda "Old Wild Wild West" history buffs, and enjoy exploring the desert southwest in search of old ghost towns and mining ruins. It's fun to hear the old stories and then explore the area and imagine what life was really like back then. The Jeep is a means to make that happen. It's also fun to get over obstacles then they're in the way...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLN6Q3cUx_Q

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...And sometimes when exploring remote areas you get blown up courtesy of the United States Navy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_mCezq0C3U

John
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a jeep but love off roading when I get the opportunity. We did a motorcycle trip to Ouray, Colorado a few years ago and in Ouray all of the hotels have jeeps for rent right at the hotel.....so we did the Alpine Loop https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...-Colorado.html

and got this plate....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4205.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	14368

And being from Henderson, Nv. I'm sure you've been up to the ghost town of Gold Point, Nv. (not to be confused with Gold Field, Nev. which is just up the highway). We've been there several times, stayed in the old miners cabins.....

http://www.goldpointghosttown.com/
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    John - You ought to consider coming to the Quartzsite rally in January. There are several owners there with off-road vehicles and hundreds of miles of trails to travel.

Jim

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    I don't have a jeep but love off roading when I get the opportunity. We did a motorcycle trip to Ouray, Colorado a few years ago and in Ouray all of the hotels have jeeps for rent right at the hotel.....so we did the Alpine Loop https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...-Colorado.html

and got this plate....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4205.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	14368

And being from Henderson, Nv. I'm sure you've been up to the ghost town of Gold Point, Nv. (not to be confused with Gold Field, Nev. which is just up the highway). We've been there several times, stayed in the old miners cabins.....

http://www.goldpointghosttown.com/
    Spent a very entertaining afternoon when our Jeep Club went over to Gold Point. The bartender, who also claimed to be the Mayor and Sheriff, was quite the character. We have some pictures of the area somewhere, I'll have to look for them and post a few.

John
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    John - You ought to consider coming to the Quartzsite rally in January. There are several owners there with off-road vehicles and hundreds of miles of trails to travel.

Jim
    Can't make it this time, but it does look like fun. Since most of the land down there is BLM, there's no issue using the quads. Might even trailer them over to the dunes for some ridin'.

John
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LV Naturist View Post
    Spent a very entertaining afternoon when our Jeep Club went over to Gold Point. The bartender, who also claimed to be the Mayor and Sheriff, was quite the character. We have some pictures of the area somewhere, I'll have to look for them and post a few.

John
    Sherriff Stone aka Herb....yes, an interesting guy. His wife, Sandy, is also an interesting person full of stories.

Here is a link to a number of photos of one of our trips out to Gold Point...... https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=72870.15
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I love off-roading, but I'm more of a Toyota guy. But hey, as long as it's 4 wheel drive, who cares?
    Our tow vehicle is a 4x4 but it's so long and the turning radius sucks, I'd never take it off-roading.
    I love riding ATV's and dirt bikes. But I'm guessing most people like that stuff.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of our early debates when first considering a RV was to go with a Class A and Jeep Wrangler toad or a pickup and fifth wheel. I really like our current combo, but sometimes I wish I had the much more nimble Jeep for not just trails, but daily driving duties at our destinations. Parking the dually is tough.

The issue with the Class A was I just couldn't convince myself that strapping the kids onto a couch with a lap belt was anywhere near as safe as their riding in a big pickup with airbags all around. Plus the Class A doesn't have airbags for the airbag or front passenger either.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    I love off-roading, but I'm more of a Toyota guy. But hey, as long as it's 4 wheel drive, who cares?
    Our tow vehicle is a 4x4 but it's so long and the turning radius sucks, I'd never take it off-roading.
    I love riding ATV's and dirt bikes. But I'm guessing most people like that stuff.
    Our first off-road vehicle was a '89 Toyota pick up, long bed deluxe cab 4X4 with the 22RE engine and a 5 speed. That thing had incredible ground clearance for an IFS and would go anywhere. The Rubicon just suits us better now and is a blast on the trails. Our ATV's are a lot of fun to go up in the mountains and have a picnic lunch or just explore the trails. There are some awesome trails in Utah and Arizona (Sedona, Prescott, etc). Our tow vehicle is also 4X4, but that's more to get us out of trouble when boondocking if the need arises.

John
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast