User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great thread and nice list of modifications. Thank you for sharing.
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vents Completed

The Maxx Air vents are installed. However it came with more drama than I wanted. Not the installation but with our storage lot. Turns out it's all about who you talk to at the lot. If you talk to the one guy, everything is no problem. If the other guy is working there, I got read the riot act. I didn't feel as bad, when the people next to me got the same act read to them when the gentleman was checking his tires before a trip. He had a jack under the trailer checking the tires and rims before heading out. When he whipped out a compressor, that's when the guy went well we have air over there for those kinds of things. Really? A frigging 12 volt plug in compressor. Anyway, I politely apologized to him and he proceeded to tell me take the trailer somewhere else if I were to work on it the next time. He allowed to me to finish up what was started (which was the bathroom vent) I really wished I had the space at home to park the trailer. None of this would be an issue. I got the everything wrapped up ASAP since I didn't want my chops busted again. I were leaving the lot, the guy flags me down and asks if I was taking the trailer. I said not right now since I was waiting to find out if we are going later tonight or early tomorrow. He said was ok no problem. However, when my family and I came the next day, he was there and watched us load up and leave. So the first day, I was able to install the 2 fans. One in the bedroom and one in the bathroom. The bunkhouse was going to have to wait. I installed the bunkhouse fan during our camping trip. No one said a word either.

On the other hand, we had a failure with the PDI EMS device. When we got to the campground, we plugged in since it was pretty warm. Nothing happened. So I troubleshot the box and the lines. Turns out the EMS was not functioning and would not allow me to by pass. It worked fine after install and during the fan work. I had the AC running for my dad while he helped from the inside. So something happened during the ride. Once I determined the EMS was the issue, I rewired the trailer into the panel removing the EMS from the circuit. Problem solved. However it was great to have the cold air dumping on me since it was nice and hot in that little corner of where I was working to rewire. So a call to PDI will be in order.
    2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick question, I see you are using a Super Duty truck. Where do you place your display in your truck?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokensalem View Post
    Just a quick question, I see you are using a Super Duty truck. Where do you place your display in your truck?
    I place the display as low as possible on the windshield. There is a items tray in the center of the dash. I tuck the monitor down there and it keeps good visibility for watching the road as well as seeing the video feed. It has been working great for keeping an eye on the bikes as well as watching the traffic on the roads behind you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide Topper Installed

Last week the slide topper was delivered. Unfortunately I did not have time until after the trip to work on the trailer for the install. Lippert Solara 126 inch slide topper. Very simple to install. My father watched a few videos on the install process as it was one of the few things neither one of us had ever done. His motorhomes or trailers didn't have any slides but he had replaced the awning fabric once a long time ago. Neither here nor there, it was pretty simple to installed. We mounted the track for the awning bead and the brackets for the roller. Since it started to rain yesterday, we left the rest for today.

Since the weather was nicer, I had the trailer at my parents house for the install. It took us maybe 30 minutes if that carry the awning down the driveway. Run the bead side though the track. It took a few minutes to make sure we had everything lined up and measured correctly. Installed the final hardware for the roller assembly. It took about 15 minutes to finalize all the remaining mounting and take out the pull pins. This included some time talking to the neighbor who thought my parent's bought a new trailer. Another 10 minutes of testing slide topper for fit and function. I would say it took us a little over an hour from yesterday and today to install the slide topper. Add in another 35 minutes to run out for some caulk for track rail and the roller mounts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180901_131748153_HDR.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	14861

Here is the finished but closed product. Opened cleanly. Closed cleanly. If you are handy, it's a fairly easy project.

Update with Progressive Dynamics...

I made a call yesterday afternoon. The tech I spoke with asked if I was in front of the trailer and if I had any power or codes. I said no he said fill out the warranty claim form for the unit. He will process it and sent a replacement unit free of charge. I did mention to him it worked 2 times prior to our trip and well as a matter of speaking. He was like we will replace the entire unit. I wonder if there was a bad batch of product floating around. I noticed this one was not marked for the sensors or anything. In any case, a claim was filed and sent to support for processing. Hopefully I will see a new one at the doorstep in a week or two.

Other notes,

My family and I were out to dinner with a couple of relatives. They asked how the trailer has been working out for us. My wife said she would like to find a campground for this month to try to use the trailer again even though we have a trip planned in October. Since we got the new trailer, we have been more eager to use it. I think my wife likes it more than me She knows I have been happy with set up and breakdown due how fast we can be up and running at a campsite. Towing the new trailer has been pretty straight forward as well. The wife is also pretty happy with the whole layout in general and I think it makes it easier for going. I wish we stored it at the house and it would be even easier to be ready to go camping on a weekend basis.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello GDRVOF,

I finally got another set of modifications to the trailer done. The weather was nice today to a ride up to the trailer to work on these projects. They were Christmas gifts from last year.

First up the Levelmate Pro Generation 2

When I got the product, I installed the app on my phone. However, I did not install the product into the trailer. Today I checked out locations within the trailer to mount said device. In this case, I choose the overhead cabinet above the sofa. This cabinet is mounted on the wall the bathroom shares. I used the first door of the cabinet and the lower shelf to mount the unit. I figured this would be a good spot for the sensor as it is closer to the long axis line of the trailer and it is easy to reach by everyone in the family. It will be turned on when we get to the campground and before the trailer is parked. The levelmate hooked up fairly quickly to the phone. I added in my parameters such as the width of the tires and the length from the jack to the center of the rear wheels. I did notice that distance was 285 inches. Model 285BHTS trailer. distance to the back 285. Don't know but it seems like a fairly interesting coincidence. Anyway, it worked and showed I could use some leveling on the one side which is fine with me.

Name:	IMG_20190324_145939782_1500.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	18658

That is its final location. I used a my #8 x 3/4 self drilling screws instead of the provided hardware to make the install a little easier. These self drilling wood screws can also be installed by hand in the right materials. No power needed and have done it many times in the past when I worked for the local telephone company. Otherwise, I cannot wait to use it.

My second mod to the trailer was the Mopeka LP gas Sensor Kit. I wanted an easier way to check the propane. This sensor kit has a monitor for inside the trailer as well as an app for your phone. The kit comes with the Aluminum stands for under the tanks. They are magnetic. Install is pretty simple. The biggest headache was to get the sensors to sync up with the issued monitor and the phone app. Also setting up the sensor reader inside the unit was easy once the instructions were read. You can choose between 20-40 pound vertical tanks. Once I got the phone and sensor read working. I mounted the reader on the side of the cabinet where the command central panel is located. I used some double sided tape instead of drilling holes into the side. I did this in case I decided that I didn't like the mod and it makes it easy to remove and sell later. I am on the fence about this one since it takes awhile for the sensors to read the propane levels and I know the one tank has been used as we have used a bit of it during a camping excursions last year. In the past, I found I would use about 60 pounds a year with the old trailer. This new trailer, I don't think I have used as much and we did about the same amount of camping historically speaking. If anything we should have used more LP cause we used the stove inside and outside more than normal. Enough talking and I know this group likes seeing pictures. lol

Name:	IMG_20190324_141557136_1500.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	18659

Name:	IMG_20190324_145924572_1500.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	18660

That's all for now. Our BBQ is a Coleman Roadtrip grill, I have been checking out a couple of kits that would allow us to use the on board propane without double regulating. I might have to look further into this. It's simple and makes packing a little easier no remembering the 20 pounder or even a 1 pounder when cooking outdoors.

That's all for now...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have the LevelMatePRO and love it!

Also have the LP sensors. Been using them since going full time almost a year ago and they have rarely ever worked.
    They’re flaky as heck, and give a different reading every few minutes.
    I hope you have better luck with yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    I have the LevelMatePRO and love it!

Also have the LP sensors. Been using them since going full time almost a year ago and they have rarely ever worked.
    They’re flaky as heck, and give a different reading every few minutes.
    I hope you have better luck with yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the heads up in regards to the LP sensors. I was hoping my difficulties were just in the syncing of the sensors to the sensor reader and the phone app. I will give it the season and reevaluate at the end of the season.

The levelmate seems to be a nice device. Just playing with it in the storage lot I got giddy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased the LP sensors last fall as well, and really like them. I found that if you make sure the sensor part of the sender is flat against the very bottom of the LP tank they work the best.
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    Great job's, A little tip on the camera it looks like it is pointing down. I had to adjust mine a couple times to get it where I like it.
    Glad to have you here looking forward to your other mods. Like the bathroom spigot as well.

Brian
    Just wondering how you go about adjusting it. We had ours installed by the dealer and we only see the bumper of our trailer and the road.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast