User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slauretani View Post
    Just wondering how you go about adjusting it. We had ours installed by the dealer and we only see the bumper of our trailer and the road.
    The camera can pivot up and down. It is a little hard to move but doable, it clicks into each position.

Brian

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slauretani View Post
    Just wondering how you go about adjusting it. We had ours installed by the dealer and we only see the bumper of our trailer and the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    The camera can pivot up and down. It is a little hard to move but doable, it clicks into each position.

Brian
    CC Thanks for the speed reply. You beat me to it Yes the the camera is adjustable. I adjusted mine to see my bikes as well as the area behind me. It works awesome when the spotter wants to get behind the trailer while backing up. The wife knows that she can still give the look from over 40 feet away and through a trailer and tow vehicle LoL. Joking aside. The rear camera has been awesome for the new trailer. I know we did it before without one. It's now one of those things where you say, why didn't we have one before. Oh yeah that's right. It would have been too difficult to install/use/ expensive/ the list goes on. Grand Designs had a great thought when they wired the rear on the newer trailers for the camera. Everything is right there.

I have another mod coming soon. Parts on order for the replacement of the drain plug for the hot water heater. I had to google some of the rust off my brain and locate some parts for this one. However, no more draining off the hot water heater around the electronics or hard to reach plugs. I use to have a tube on my previous trailer. I wish I was able to find the decals for inside of the WH. They got wiped out after a couple of drainings. I think it was nothing super good like wiring schematics or info on the water heater itself :P
    2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jh.xsnrg View Post
    I purchased the LP sensors last fall as well, and really like them. I found that if you make sure the sensor part of the sender is flat against the very bottom of the LP tank they work the best.
    I have trouble with that, since the bottom of the tanks are round.

lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    I have trouble with that, since the bottom of the tanks are round.

lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aye, that is true. Center the round part of the sensor on the lowest point of the round part of the tank. It ends up parallel to the tank holder on the trailer, between the tank and the platform the tanks sit on. It seems to fit just right without the plastic pieces they send along to clip to the bottom of the tank.
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FordmanNJ View Post
    CC Thanks for the speed reply. You beat me to it Yes the the camera is adjustable. I adjusted mine to see my bikes as well as the area behind me. It works awesome when the spotter wants to get behind the trailer while backing up. The wife knows that she can still give the look from over 40 feet away and through a trailer and tow vehicle LoL. Joking aside. The rear camera has been awesome for the new trailer. I know we did it before without one. It's now one of those things where you say, why didn't we have one before. Oh yeah that's right. It would have been too difficult to install/use/ expensive/ the list goes on. Grand Designs had a great thought when they wired the rear on the newer trailers for the camera. Everything is right there.

I have another mod coming soon. Parts on order for the replacement of the drain plug for the hot water heater. I had to google some of the rust off my brain and locate some parts for this one. However, no more draining off the hot water heater around the electronics or hard to reach plugs. I use to have a tube on my previous trailer. I wish I was able to find the decals for inside of the WH. They got wiped out after a couple of drainings. I think it was nothing super good like wiring schematics or info on the water heater itself :P
    Thanks for the tip. It’s our first time having the rear camera after towing for 35 years and love it. We just wondered how to raise it up. Apparently our dealership didn’t check it after installing it.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post

Brian

Thanks for the information. We tried it once but couldn’t get it to move. We’ll try harder. Thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FordmanNJ-

Some great mods, appreciate you sharing them with us.
    *Interested in what you did with the hot water heater to include parts also interested in what bike rack you went with.
    *Wife has been on me to buy a bike rack and honestly not sure what brands to even start looking at. We purchased one 10 years ago to go one the wife's car but that darn bike rack moved around more like a belly dancer behind her car.
    Brian-USMC Retired
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2019 RAM 3500 Laramie MegaCab-4x4 DRW-AISIN
    Propride 3P Hitch
    Spokane, WA

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reeldirtydawg View Post
    FordmanNJ-

Some great mods, appreciate you sharing them with us.
    *Interested in what you did with the hot water heater to include parts also interested in what bike rack you went with.
    *Wife has been on me to buy a bike rack and honestly not sure what brands to even start looking at. We purchased one 10 years ago to go one the wife's car but that darn bike rack moved around more like a belly dancer behind her car.
    Water Heater mod is coming. I didn't want to ramble on about the parts without pictures. I am hoping to get out to the trailer sometime this weekend to install it and get one last check in before our first trip of the season in about 10 days.

We had a bike rack similar in nature. It was very lose in the receiver. It didn't matter what vehicle it was installed on or the if a pin lock or bolt. It was wobbly. It was an Allen bike rack form Walmart I think. We never got to use it on the old trailer since we didn't have a real bumper or even a place to mount a 2 inch receiver. The previous trailer was too heavy for a double hitch. The A frame was too light weight for a bike rack. One of the selling points for us was a 2 inch receiver that was rated for 300 pounds. It can work for cargo platform or in our case a bike rack.

The bike rack is a Yakima Long Haul. Purchased of Amazon warehouse deal. It was in perfect condition. It's stiff on both the truck and the trailer. However it does need a mounting device for women or alternative frame bikes. If you do not have a high cross bar, then you need the mount adapter. However, it hold our 3 bikes plus another if needed without a problem. It has a nice locking cable for securing the bikes while on the road. It's pretty easy to mount to the truck for the ride to the storage lot and it doesn't take much time for the transfer to or from the trailer when on site. My wife and daughter will offload the truck into the trailer while I work on getting the bike rack mounted to the trailer and the hitch for the trailer set up. Anyway, I should take a picture or 2 the next time I have the set up on the truck and on the trailer. One thing is I found if I have all 3 bikes on the trailer, I need to add water for some weight balancing. Otherwise it can get a bit funky depending on the road conditions. If I add about 25 gallons it works well.
    2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Her are some pictures
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190428_144126.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	19654Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190428_144146.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	19655
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast