User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woods'nWater View Post
    One step closer to getting rid of the S&B and going full time next year. Decided to pull the camper by the yard sale this weekend to use the awnings for much needed shade but it turned into the incentive we needed to part with all our possessions. We can't wait till we have the moving sale!
    I did that in 1998. Now we’re buying it all back.
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we came home last May from a 5 month road trip we just shook our heads looking at the house and property knowing how much work lies ahead for us. Cussing and swearing with every grass blade mowed on the 5 acres we cut and every square inch of a 2500 sq ft house to clean. Not anymore! There's a great big world out there waiting to be explored and we figure we still have a good 10 or 15 years to do it. Family is split with us selling everything but it's our time now. We'll come back to Michigan and plug into their barns every chance we get! Life is too short to sit inside 4 walls waiting for the perfect time to follow your dreams. We're outta here!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LCBoyer View Post
    I did that in 1998. Now we’re buying it all back.
    20 years of fulltiming? I'm impressed.

We are working on our 7th year and cannot see an end to it in our future, 13 years from now, maybe - maybe not.

Three months of garage sales, trips to goodwill and others, advertising in the local rag and on craig's list. Then years of "adjusting" our possessions to fit our lifestyle. It's still a work in progress.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys rock. We actually meet a couple from Indiana that are coming off a 45 year stunt. Maybe we should set our goals higher lol.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ofzen thought having an apartment to come “home” to, in lieu of a sticks ‘n bricks, might be the better solution. But apt. rents are much higher then a mortgage payment + taxes where we live. Much higher.
    Plus like a couple others here, I like my workshop and tools I’ve amassed over the last several decades.
    I’m also not sure how I’d feel about always having to plan where our next destination/campground will be. I tend to research these things pretty heavily now with only staying here and there for a week or less. If we end up in a not so desirable campground or site, no big deal as we’ll be moving along to another locale shortly. That would be a whole ‘nother matter to be scheduled for a month or more at a less than desirable place.
    A couple years ago, we took a 6 week trip out west. We were both ready to come off the road at the end of that. When your living on the road, there’s no place to go back too.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are also in the same process. We look to spend this winter (in AZ) selling some and giving away other stuff to our kids. We're getting a small storage for heirloom items, then donating the rest. We're looking to put our house up for sale by end of March 2019. In the meantime, we're prepping up our trailer with amenities and mods, so I can continue working. My wife is going to retire and she's very happy about that! All will be ok with God's help!

Quote Originally Posted by Woods'nWater View Post
    One step closer to getting rid of the S&B and going full time next year. Decided to pull the camper by the yard sale this weekend to use the awnings for much needed shade but it turned into the incentive we needed to part with all our possessions. We can't wait till we have the moving sale!
    Keith & Victoria T.
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    2018 Ram 3500 4x4 6.7L Cummings Diesel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have sold our house, and I'm counting down the days until we depart! We have been RVing much of the year for several years, but now we can say we are really Ful-Timers! We're at the point in life where getting rid of "stuff" is a relief. Part of what we love about RVing is living with Less. As someone else has noted--to each his/her own. This life-style is not for everyone, and it does come with a different set of challenges.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been recently rethinking my retirement housing plans. We currently has a sticks and brick (or stucco if you wish) home that we have been in for 15+ years. With the recent changes in the tax laws, and the much higher standard deduction, the incentive to own a home is going away for me. There is a company that has been building "luxury" apartments in Tucson, and they have decided to build a complex very close to where we live. Their apartments range in size from 1000 - 1300 sq ft, with 1, 2, or 3 bedrooms. This got me to thinking that I could have a maintenance free lifestyle w/o giving up a permanent residence. The thought of being able to reroute our mail and close and lock the door for a trip of several weeks or months is becoming very appealing to me. Given the maintenance cost of a house (paint, HVAC, landscaping, roof repairs, pest & weed control, and HOA fees), renting is looking pretty good to me. Oh, and the community is only about 1-1/2 miles from my RV storage facility.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sold, donated or gave away 95% of our stuff in june 2018. we only have a 10x10 for some items. love the life style and hate the thought of a s+b house now. But we just ordered a 375RES as an upgrade from the 2670mk we have now.
    Extra Class Ham Operator WB0YD
    2018 Imagine 2670MK previous rig
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    2018 Ram 3500 crew cab 4x4 Long bed dually Cummins automatic
    AISIN A69 trans 3.73 gears, B+W Companion slider

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    sold, donated or gave away 95% of our stuff in june 2018. we only have a 10x10 for some items. love the life style and hate the thought of a s+b house now. But we just ordered a 375RES as an upgrade from the 2670mk we have now.
    Have or getting a class a drivers license?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast