User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hexy is in a hammock that attaches to the head rest of both front seats and rear seat ,then harnessed and tethered in. The hammock covers the seat belt release, so I don't think she going to figure it out. The one issue with the hammock I fined, is it blocks the air flow from the A/C vents, and she gets a little warm , or we freeze our butt off to keep the cab cool(she wins out all the time).

John and Carol Joscelyne and Hexy too! !
    John & Carol Joscelyne and Hexy
    Red 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum, SRW, CC, Short bed with roll-N-lock cover.
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    Pullrite superglide fifth wheel hitch.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    We also use those tethers and they work great for the most part used along with a harness (hooking to collar can hurt the dog if fast braking occurs)....that is until Koda seems to have learned if he steps on the catch latch he can be freed. It was likely an accidental thing the first time or 2 but as time goes by he gets free more times than we'd like to see. Having a dog that "learns" can be a challenge. I have to devise some sort of cover for the buckle so it can't be released. You can also find those tethers on amazon.
    Find a piece of PVC pipe just big enough to slide over the catch. That should keep paws off the release button.

Kevin
    Kevin and Jennifer
    2016 RAM 3500 Laramie Mega Cab CTD Aisin 4x4 SRW
    2019 Reflection 28BH (Built 2/2019)
    - 78" Theater Seat, Second AC, Dual Pane Windows
    - Sailun 235/85 R16 Tires
    Blue Ox Super Ride BXR7200 with a Demco Factory Prep Bracket 6099

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joscelyne3 View Post
    Hexy is in a hammock that attaches to the head rest of both front seats and rear seat ,then harnessed and tethered in. The hammock covers the seat belt release, so I don't think she going to figure it out. The one issue with the hammock I fined, is it blocks the air flow from the A/C vents, and she gets a little warm , or we freeze our butt off to keep the cab cool(she wins out all the time).

John and Carol Joscelyne and Hexy too! !
    We use a hammock style cover too. I just direct the center vent(s) upward and it keeps Maxxi nice and cool in the back seat. Since the back side windows are dark tinted, she probably stays cooler than we do with sun load. Our main reason for the harness and tether for Maxxi was that she was a handful to keep in the truck when you opened one of her doors to hook her up to the leash. She does not like to be left behind. She goes in the trailer if we stop anywhere she can't go. And we're never gone very long.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little back story. I need to drink a whole lot of fluid ,a medical condition in lay men terms called water diabetes. (Another story for another thread ). On travel day ,Carol will pack 10 to 12 bottles of water into a cooler bag that sits on back floor between the seats blocking the air vents. I saw that Camping World has some kind of extensions that I could attach to the A/C vents to move the air back to her. Something to look into during the winter.
    I don't mind, I like it cold when I drive, and Carol has hoodies and a blanket.

John
    John & Carol Joscelyne and Hexy
    Red 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum, SRW, CC, Short bed with roll-N-lock cover.
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    Pullrite superglide fifth wheel hitch.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great ideas. I'm looking at this one for my 85# border collie lab.
    https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B002AN6S...v_ov_lig_dp_it
    Good video on mounting options.

She loves hanging out the window so this will allow that. Now I need to find a way to protect the back door pull handles that she likes to stand on with her long claws..
    Gary & Erin + Kitty the '85# Border Collie/Lab
    2015 303RLS
    2018 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7PSD (1st Ford coming from '05 Duramax)
    http://www.kleenoilusa.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12