Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battery Terminal Wiring

Ok - time for the Maroon question of the day. I have a 220RK reflection 150. I took the battery out last week, and went to put it back today, and of course realized that I never took a mental picture of the terminal wires. The main red and black leads are obvious (even for a knucklehead like me), but there are two other thin wires - one white with a red line, and one all white. Normally I would have assumed that the white/red line is to the red/positive terminal, and the all white to the black/negative, but they both seem to have been bunched together with the positive/red main lead. So of course, I got the deer in the headlights flash come over me. Can anybody bail me out here? Which of the small wires go where?

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Picker. On my trailer, those are the wires for the solar charging port on the side of the trailer. If you're not going to be using the port, there's no reason to reconnect those wires. You can tape them off and secure them out of the way. If you want to hook them back up, the positive wire is the white with red stripe. The negative wire is the solid white wire.

Jim

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ahh - thanks Jim! I would hope it's safe to assume the same across most newer GD models.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by picker View Post
    ahh - thanks Jim! I would hope it's safe to assume the same across most newer GD models.
    If you have an ohm meter with some fairly long leads, you can confirm the connections before hooking it up.

Jim

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you mean hook the wires up and sit in the Lotus position?

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    If you have an ohm meter with some fairly long leads, you can confirm the connections before hooking it up.

Jim
    LOL. No, not the lotus position. Everybody knows that's for when you have a plumbing leak. You're supposed to do the dhanurasana for electrical.....

Jim

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent!! LOL