User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Winegard says that the cable for our Carryout G2 (portable dome) cannot be run through splitters, it has to go directly to the box that controls it.
    Not sure about the Carryout G2. I have the Winegard Trav'ler roof mounted auto-aiming dish. There are two wires running from it. One goes to the control box. The other (RG6) goes to the power inserter and then into the SAT input at the water panel and gets routed through the splitters and wiring in the 5th wheel eventually coming out in the cabinet above the TV (for my rig). Here is a diagram from Winegard:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-08-18 at 8.34.57 PM.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	710.9 KB 
ID:	14553

So it appears different DirecTV antenna systems are wired differently.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    Not sure about the Carryout G2. I have the Winegard Trav'ler roof mounted auto-aiming dish. There are two wires running from it. One goes to the control box. The other (RG6) goes to the power inserter and then into the SAT input at the water panel and gets routed through the splitters and wiring in the 5th wheel eventually coming out in the cabinet above the TV (for my rig). Here is a diagram from Winegard:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-08-18 at 8.34.57 PM.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	710.9 KB 
ID:	14553

So it appears different DirecTV antenna systems are wired differently.
    The Carryout G2+ supports any one of DirectTV, Dish, and Bell (in Canada) by flipping switches to tell it which network you want to use.

The setup is like the top half only of the illustration you posted. Differences are (a) it's a dome not a dish and (b) the interface box has a single RG6 cable to the antenna for both power and signal, and then an RG6 output cable from the interface box to Dish/DirectTV/Bell satellite box, splitter, TV, recorders, etc.

The RG6 to the antenna powers the antenna AND receives the signals from the antenna. Magic. The lower half of your illustration doesn't exist on this antenna.

However because it's done this way, that single cable from antenna to interface box has to be pretty much uninterrupted, it can't run through splitters before it gets to the interface box.

I've just learned that the Carryout G2+ that I have has been replaced by the Carryout G3 which has a larger internal reflector and claims the benefit of stronger signals.

http://www.winegard.com/carryout
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think one of the primary differences between the Carryout models and the Trav'ler is the Carryout models don't do HD. SD only.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12