User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a norcold 2118 is the fridge fan supposed to run all the time?

Noticed the freezer fan runs, but not the fridge fan
    2013 Ram 2500 CC,SB, 2018 Solitude 310GK, Andersen Ultimate2

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by torch1972 View Post
    Is your fridge temperature OK?

Our fridge fans run constantly - night and day - but it's because the fridge isn't achieving proper temperatures (it ranges from 7C-12C, or 45F-52F, in very moderate not-hot weather).

It has already been back to the dealer once, where the dealer claimed that the door was adjusted to cure a cold-leaking problem. Two weeks later we can feel cold leaking from the lower part of the fridge doors, even see condensation on them, so I guess that's why our fans are going non-stop. Back to the dealer again!
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post

Our fridge fans run constantly - night and day - but it's because the fridge isn't achieving proper temperatures (it ranges from 7C-12C, or 45F-52F, in very moderate not-hot weather).

It has already been back to the dealer once, where the dealer claimed that the door was adjusted to cure a cold-leaking problem. Two weeks later we can feel cold leaking from the lower part of the fridge doors, even see condensation on them, so I guess that's why our fans are going non-stop. Back to the dealer again!
    45F-52F
    You might as well just throw your food away. That is NOT a refrigerator. An ice box would do better.

Our refrigerator would not get below 38* with an outside temp of 35*. The dealer went round and round with Norcold. I call GD and they sent a new complete unit.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by torch1972 View Post
    I/m pretty sure the fan runs all the time.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post

Close the door with the flapper first. Pull on the flapper, if it moves, it's sticking. Then close the other door and see if you're getting the cold air coming out.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    Close the door with the flapper first. Pull on the flapper, if it moves, it's sticking. Then close the other door and see if you're getting the cold air coming out.
    Thanks. Brand new trailer. It's been back to the dealer for this once already, where they adjusted the fridge doors to fix the problem. It reappeared almost immediately and is going back to the dealer again this week.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I have been trying to get a replacement fan for the 2118(fridge section). Found the importer and noticed the fan part number qty+1 is 11$s.. Been going nuts trying to find a replacement. Went to the dealer since you can't order directly from Therford and they quoted me 80$s with a wait time of 3-5 weeks. Ridiculous, nobody has one in stock. Went to RV cooling unit warehouse and found a fan that's larger and meant for the outer area. Modified the white mounting cover and installed this.https://rvcoolingunit.com/-Condenser...52854.aspx...I will let you know if that helps. I also ordered their 26" unit which I will mount to the fins them selves then take the fan and relocate it to blow down the front of the unit...Will update .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the fan works now and the fridge with propane ran great. Still crappy when on AC, will replace the heating element next. Also will add a 26" inch auxiliary fan to the inside of the fridge....