User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine 2250RK Access with Slide in

Hi everyone,
    I'm a new member to the forum, and have been reading a lot of your great posts - I appreciate everyone sharing all aspects of their Grand Design experiences.

My wife and I are researching RV options that would fit our plans for both the shorter term (local pre-retirement vacations), and the longer term (retired, longer cross-country vacations).

We had a 24' travel trailer for a number of years, but have been without an RV for about 18 years now - and boy, there have been a lot of changes! With our prior non-slide camper, it was common for us to pull over for lunch, dinner, or to use the bathroom facilities while travelling.

After reviewing hundreds (thousands?) of floorplans , we think we may have found one from Grand Design, that would meet our preferences (the Imagine 2250RK).
    Our preferences were:
    - a maximum length of 30' (shorter is better)
    - a minimum of two reclining seating positions.
    - functional access to the sink, refrigerator, bedroom, and restroom with the slides in.
    and not absolutely required, but bonus points for:
    - a rear kitchen
    - access to the stove or microwave with the slide in
    - no slide out on the passenger side

From the online floorplans, pictures, and videos we've seen, the Imagine 2250RK (with Theater Dinette option) looks like it ticks all of those boxes, via one door or the other. One thing we haven't been able to determine is the access to the refrigerator when the slide is in - tough to tell from photos whether there is no access, partial access, or full access?
    We'd love to see some pictures/video of the interior with the slides in, but haven't been able to find any. Is there anyone that could point us to some, or have some photos they would be willing to share? Lacking photos, can anyone comment on the refrigerator access with the slides in?

Thanks again,
    Ken

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a member who took delivery of one a few months ago - you could PM them and ask:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...4-Imagine-That

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will have full access to the refer via the rear door. It is in the rear part of the slideout and fully accessible.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to forum. We bought 2250RK in March 2018 and love it; however like you, wish it was shorter in length. But with features we wanted it was shortest available. The only 2 things on your list that cannot be used with slide not out are microwave and oven - we have never tried either - you may possibly be able to use both. You may be able to use stove top; I use stove to bleed excess air from propane line when starting up frig on propane with slide in. We always start up frig at least 6 hours before loading food and do this with slide in.
    What you will like about this camper is:
    1. Ability to use camper with slide in.
    2. Huge holding tanks (fresh, grey & black) for camper this size.
    3. Large bear cave/storage compartment for camper this size.
    4. 2 sets of low steps; prevents accidents getting into and out of camper.
    5. If you store off site; already setup for solar charging.
    6. Power cut off switch
    7. Easy to winterize.
    8. With bathroom in center you can make two private sleeping quarters for another couple.
    9. You can sleep on theater seats or use as sofa to sleep on.
    10. TV out of way when not using; gives you another window for sun light.
    11. Heat with electricity and not propane with electric fireplace. Saves money and propane!

Highly recommend this camper; it is our 3rd camper we love it. Someone at GD did great job in design and planning.

If you decide to get this camper do search on forum or contact me with the very few minor problems we have had. Our camper has never been back to dealership for repairs; all done myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies everyone - very helpful!

Rob, thanks for the link, good to be able to find current owners.

Steve, thanks for confirming that the refrigerator will be fully accessible. That sure helps confirm that this floor plan meets a lot of our needs.

Buckskin, thanks for taking the time to provide all that information. You've pointed out a couple of other areas that also interested me in this model, such as the size of the gray tanks, as they always seem to fill up so quickly, so the bigger the better. I also like the 3 steps as well - my wife has back issues, and higher steps can be challenging, so a third step closer to the ground would be welcome. Being able to use the stove would also be a bonus, and the microwave access isn't so important since if the slide is in, we likely wouldn't have access to 110VAC anyway. I have come across your other posts - glad to see you were able to resolve your initial problems.

The one other (shorter) Grand Design floorplan that is also of some interest is the Imagine XLS 22RBE, but other than the floorplan drawing on their web page, I haven't found anything further about it - perhaps it's a new model not out in the wild yet. For us, the only dislikes on that one are is the curbside slide (not a dealbreaker) and having only two steps (could replace with aftermarket if needed). I'll be watching for more information on that one as it becomes available.

Again, thanks to everyone for your helpful replies.

Ken

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depot44,

Just checked microwave and stove you can use them but not oven.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by depot44 View Post
    Thanks for the replies everyone - very helpful!

Rob, thanks for the link, good to be able to find current owners.

Steve, thanks for confirming that the refrigerator will be fully accessible. That sure helps confirm that this floor plan meets a lot of our needs.

Buckskin, thanks for taking the time to provide all that information. You've pointed out a couple of other areas that also interested me in this model, such as the size of the gray tanks, as they always seem to fill up so quickly, so the bigger the better. I also like the 3 steps as well - my wife has back issues, and higher steps can be challenging, so a third step closer to the ground would be welcome. Being able to use the stove would also be a bonus, and the microwave access isn't so important since if the slide is in, we likely wouldn't have access to 110VAC anyway. I have come across your other posts - glad to see you were able to resolve your initial problems.

The one other (shorter) Grand Design floorplan that is also of some interest is the Imagine XLS 22RBE, but other than the floorplan drawing on their web page, I haven't found anything further about it - perhaps it's a new model not out in the wild yet. For us, the only dislikes on that one are is the curbside slide (not a dealbreaker) and having only two steps (could replace with aftermarket if needed). I'll be watching for more information on that one as it becomes available.

Again, thanks to everyone for your helpful replies.

Ken
    the 22RBE is a brand new model, and should be hitting lots shortly.

They are in production right now.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    Depot44,

Just checked microwave and stove you can use them but not oven.
    Buckskin, thanks for checking! That's good news for us.

the 22RBE is a brand new model, and should be hitting lots shortly.

They are in production right now.
    Steve, thanks for that info. I'll starting keeping an eye out for the 22RBE.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fridge with slide in is completely accessible.
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by depot44 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I'm a new member to the forum, and have been reading a lot of your great posts - I appreciate everyone sharing all aspects of their Grand Design experiences.

My wife and I are researching RV options that would fit our plans for both the shorter term (local pre-retirement vacations), and the longer term (retired, longer cross-country vacations).

We had a 24' travel trailer for a number of years, but have been without an RV for about 18 years now - and boy, there have been a lot of changes! With our prior non-slide camper, it was common for us to pull over for lunch, dinner, or to use the bathroom facilities while travelling.

After reviewing hundreds (thousands?) of floorplans , we think we may have found one from Grand Design, that would meet our preferences (the Imagine 2250RK).
    Our preferences were:
    - a maximum length of 30' (shorter is better)
    - a minimum of two reclining seating positions.
    - functional access to the sink, refrigerator, bedroom, and restroom with the slides in.
    and not absolutely required, but bonus points for:
    - a rear kitchen
    - access to the stove or microwave with the slide in
    - no slide out on the passenger side

From the online floorplans, pictures, and videos we've seen, the Imagine 2250RK (with Theater Dinette option) looks like it ticks all of those boxes, via one door or the other. One thing we haven't been able to determine is the access to the refrigerator when the slide is in - tough to tell from photos whether there is no access, partial access, or full access?
    We'd love to see some pictures/video of the interior with the slides in, but haven't been able to find any. Is there anyone that could point us to some, or have some photos they would be willing to share? Lacking photos, can anyone comment on the refrigerator access with the slides in?

Thanks again,
    Ken
    My last trailer was a 2018 Imagine 2250RK. We stop a Walmart's a lot while traveling. I can't think of anything I couldn't get to with the slide closed. The only thing I didn't like about the 2250Rk was no dinette. I found that plug in table that comes with the unit useless. The problem is that none of the Imagines with a dinette can be used with the slide out in unless you use one door to get to one part of the RV and another door to get to another part of the RV. With the 2250RK either door will get you to any part of the RV. I couldn't see getting up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and having to go outside to the other door.
    By the way I wish I had that nice large bathroom in my 303RLS.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast