User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wdkerek View Post
    I spent 4 hours there altogether. 1:15 with the "delivery" person, after we had access to the unit for an thirty minutes, then another 45 minutes outside the unit with the team who installed the hitch and the the slide topper.
    is that too quick?
    That is way fast. Only 30 minutes on the inside and 45 minutes on the outside? Way, way fast!! You didn't fill the holding tank, drain all three holding tanks, etc. etc. Did they go over the three electrical systems with you (12V, generator and 50 amp shore power)? Did you check every electrical recepticle? Did you run both hot and cold water through all your faucets (inside, outside, kitchen, bath and shower), etc.?

What model did you get? I hope you got a good rig!
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wdkerek View Post
    I spent 4 hours there altogether. 1:15 with the "delivery" person, after we had access to the unit for an thirty minutes, then another 45 minutes outside the unit with the team who installed the hitch and the the slide topper.
    is that too quick?
    Did you test all the outlets? And water spigots? Do all the windows/blinds open/close? Any loose edges on the carpeting? All drawers & cupboard doors open and close smoothly? And do they stay firmly closed? Any scratches on woodwork? Do all the light switches work? All the lights turn on? Do you know how to operate the water system for dry camping/disinfecting tanks? The slides open and close smoothly, and close all the way? All burners on the stove light? Fridge operates on electric as well as propane (if RV fridge)? AC runs when in AC mode? Furnace in heat mode? All vents & vent fans operate? Hanging rods in closets are firmly in holders. No leaks around sink attachments. TV works? How about radio, DVD player?

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So going through everything again tonight, all appears well. I have the 150 273MK. Pretty basic unit.
    The dealer had is plugged in with the A/C’s running, the Hot water heater running.......
    We checked all the outlets other than one I missed in the dinette. Checked it tonight all fine. Ran the heater tonight all good.

I did have an issue with one blind not staying up. I adjusted and it’s all good. The shower head had a restriction. I figured that one out as well.

The grey water tanks drain fine. Still will have to check black water. GD does such a good job explaining by illustration the tank/water system that it was easy for me to understand and work.

I did a flashlight check.......lol........all the cabinets are fine, no rust on the frame.

So I will still have some hurdles to cross, but we have it all connected this afternoon here at the house.

Amazing, two other folks finised waaaayyyy before me. Dealership is huge. They had inspection/deliveries scheduled from 10AM to 4PM that day......
    So I’ll pray, cross my fingers and hold my breath.

Thanks for information.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard of 4-6 hour PDI's to completely check every system, switch, knob and connection on full hook ups and on battery then generator if you have one. I am planning on writing an extended PDI into our contract to be completed prior to payment. I have heard horror stories and am trying to learn from others. Hopefully my 15 page PDI form won't scare the dealer!
    Our friend just purchased a Class A Forest River. His PDI was 4 hours and the dealership hesitated. My buddy wrote it in and gave them a heads up that he was going to take that much time. When he found a few things wrong the dealership said "bring it back and we will take care of it". He said I'll leave it here, fix it then we can do the rest of the paperwork. Done lol!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My PDI was about 2 hours, not including insisting they pull the brake hubs and inspect for grease. They found 2 of the 4 drums greased and they replaced all parts while I watched.

I then stayed 2 nights in the trailer on their delivery lot. The first morning they had to troubleshoot a leak after we took showers that night. The send day they took it back to their body shop to “adjust” the door frame so the door would latch without slamming it closed.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never thought about the brake hubs! Nice catch. I'll have to add that to my list. Thank you.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hit The Road View Post
    I heard of 4-6 hour PDI's to completely check every system, switch, knob and connection on full hook ups and on battery then generator if you have one. I am planning on writing an extended PDI into our contract to be completed prior to payment. I have heard horror stories and am trying to learn from others. Hopefully my 15 page PDI form won't scare the dealer!
    Our friend just purchased a Class A Forest River. His PDI was 4 hours and the dealership hesitated. My buddy wrote it in and gave them a heads up that he was going to take that much time. When he found a few things wrong the dealership said "bring it back and we will take care of it". He said I'll leave it here, fix it then we can do the rest of the paperwork. Done lol!
    That's the reason for doing an inspection "pre-delivery".....to make sure that they fix things right away, rather than having your RV for two months after you've started making payments. If a dealership has a problem with doing an "buyers walk through" that may take four to six hours then you're buying from the wrong dealership. Like the OP where the dealerships just rush you (or any inexperienced RV buyer) through it. An experienced RV buyer will not let a dealership rush them through a buyer's walk through and if that dealership did a true PDI (pre-delivery inspection) that inspected everything in that RV (very few do) then they're not going to have a problem with it.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding getting new and used RVs inspected before signing the contract or loan docs, here's an article that I just came across.... http://rvdailyreport.com/industry/to...rvers-told-us/

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hit The Road View Post
    This thread documents my PDI experience: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...-The-First-Day
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12