User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Any car guys here?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerCuda View Post
    Hey guys I'm a new GD owner with a 320G so my family can attend more NHRA races with me as I am a crew member on a top fuel car for a part time job. But I also have my toy at home. Sold my 70 AMC javelin I had for 20 years and my production number 1-79 hurst cutlass to get my dream car a 71 barracuda.

Attachment 17087
    Attachment 17088
    Sweet '79, my first car was an '80 and then I bought a '78 cutlass. Wish I still had the '78 it was a lot of fun. Maybe someday I will get another.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 29RS
    2015 Chevy 3500 HD CC long bed Duramax
    Reese Elite 18K
    EMS-HW50C

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    I just watched the Mecum car auction and couldn't believe the prices classic cars are selling for. So a 1962 Corvette sold for 42,000 and frame off 1968 Road Runner with a high bid of 36,000 and no sale. Some other examples were 55 T-Bird no sale at 41,000 - 68 RS no sale at 42,000. I can remember pre-2008 that 62 Corvette would be a 6 figure easy and the T-Birds would easily be in the 60 to 100 thousand range. The segment I watch I would guess 80% of the cars were a no sale. Looks like to me the classic car market has gone soft. I watch for a couple of hours and no street rods.
    The cars at Barrett-Jackson still get stupid. But yes, they aren't commanding what they once were.

What I find mind-boggling is that Fox body Mustangs and 3rd gen camaros are starting to increase in price.