User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dixie RV Forever Warranty

I got the forever warranty when I bought my new GD 5er. I get the inspections every year, as required, and have had no issues with my rv. For those who are putting it down, you have to read your contract that came with your unit. It states that the yearly inspections have to be done once a year. Which is very reasonable and sending in a copy of the same to NWAN. It does say that you have the option to use whatever dealership near you to have the inspections done. But you have to pay their rates for the inspections, whatever you agree on.
    So long as the inspections are done once a year, then all the covered components are covered for repair or replacement. Inspection cost MUST be sent to NWAN to prove the inspections were done.
    Happy Camping!

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What happens to these forever warranties when Camping World purchases that dealership? GD wont be sold at that dealer, and they certainly wont authorize warranty work through them. I only ask since Camping World has been trying to snatch up the smaller dealers, most likely to drive out their competition. I have no data on this, I just know what I see; there was once X dealer here and now it has been converted to Camping World.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    What happens to these forever warranties when Camping World purchases that dealership? GD wont be sold at that dealer, and they certainly wont authorize warranty work through them. I only ask since Camping World has been trying to snatch up the smaller dealers, most likely to drive out their competition. I have no data on this, I just know what I see; there was once X dealer here and now it has been converted to Camping World.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    That is an interesting thought. I know in Hammond, La. the dealership "shares" space with Camping World. There are two service departments I was told. Camping World and Dixie.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I researched the Forever Warranty someone told me that you didn't have to have the annual inspection by a specific dealership, you could get it done by a certified technician but you would have to get pre-approval first.

I thought this was a great program for those that don't live in their RV but do reside close to a dealer that is "authorized" to do the inspections.

I didn't go that way because we are rarely near a dealer. I had no confidence that I could fulfill my requirements.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is a dixie rv in NW FL which is within our "local area" and personally don't like them. We went in last year to look for a cheaper bunkhouse for the GF to put on a waterfront lot she had. The "cheap" price evaporated with all the fees they wanted to add. Bure BS. I also recall seeing them blatantly advertising the home of the FREE lifetime warranty. Don't see how something can be free if you have to pay for inspections.

Had as friend who bought an Avalanche 5th wheel there and had their service department try to install the slide awnings. I say try because after 2 aborted attempts with incompetent people, they gave up. Don't know what the problems were but a slide awning installation is a pretty straight forward thing, not overly complicated.

Sales staff are pushy and aren't interested in helping with information unless they think there is an immediate sale in the works.

The parts side had good helpful people though. I needed a low point drain valve for my 320X and one of the ladies rummaged around in the back and found an OEM valve which saved ordering one with ridiculous GD shipping charges or trying to rig a non OEM valve in with a bunch of adaptors.

Just my opinion based on observations. If GD Solitude makes the final cut in my 5th wheel purchase, it WON'T be at one of the Dixie stores.
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chunker View Post
    ...it WON'T be at one of the Dixie stores.
    Yep. Dixie is close to me, too. I came close to buying from them but THEY backed out of the deal! Apparently Dixie had someone else who'd pay more for the single 315RLTS they had on their lot. (!) Very odd experience. I ended up buying from Campers Inn in Byron, Ga.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far the experiences shared here is that no one had actually USED the warranty but has spent money to keep the warranty in place (yearly inspections).
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW